Removing paint from a synthetic stock

What is the best (least damaging) method for me to strip my Tikka stock? It has been painted in the past but that is now coming off where it has softened. I do not know what paint it is but I either want to strip it back to the original black or re-paint it black.

I will also be looking for some good hard wearing stock paint if anyone has an recommendations.

Thanks,

Si

What is the best (least damaging) method for me to strip my Tikka stock? It has been painted in the past but that is now coming off where it has softened. I do not know what paint it is but I either want to strip it back to the original black or re-paint it black.

I will also be looking for some good hard wearing stock paint if anyone has an recommendations.

Thanks,

Si

If you speak to Julian Savory at JMS arms, he has a guy who refinishes stocks, he did a McMillan A3 for me and it went from being a total dog to looking like brand new, very hard wearing paint and it was less than £100 from memory

Thanks for the reply but I'm looking to do the job myself. I want a trial stock painting session. :-)

If you just want a black Very hard waring stock paint try Waxoil car underbody stone chip .It sounds nuts and it looks crap until its dry but when its dried out it looks the part and wont wear off .

Interesting mate. Thanks.

If that is a wooden stock that has been painted, then Nitro-mors is the answer. After that, sanding and a good quality wood/stock oil, and it should be restored to its previous glory (or provide you with a clean surface to try your hand at painting it...)

Finman

If that is a wooden stock that has been painted, then Nitro-mors is the answer. After that, sanding and a good quality wood/stock oil, and it should be restored to its previous glory (or provide you with a clean surface to try your hand at painting it...)

Finman

It is synthetic mate.

Archived