another carbon ring how do u guys use JB paste?

skany

Hi guys had a few presure spikes last sesion with the br

im 400ish rnds into the tube so I took it to my very helpfull local rfd and bore scoped it to see if i had a carbon ring!

shock horror i have!

i need to get some JB paste to sort it out but im unsure of how to go about using it!

do u guys use it straight on a patch of kroil or other such oil?

or ive heard of people gettting a slightly smaller brush & putting a oiled patch with it on over that!

anyways wht do u guys think ?

im guesing reloading soulutions would be the best place to buy from?

I also need something better then kroil for carbon so i may as well get some tacked on the order so whts the best stuff!??

cheers Andy

Hi guys had a few presure spikes last sesion with the br

im 400ish rnds into the tube so I took it to my very helpfull local rfd and bore scoped it to see if i had a carbon ring!

shock horror i have!

i need to get some JB paste to sort it out but im unsure of how to go about using it!

do u guys use it straight on a patch of kroil or other such oil?

or ive heard of people gettting a slightly smaller brush & putting a oiled patch with it on over that!

anyways wht do u guys think ?

im guesing reloading soulutions would be the best place to buy from?

I also need something better then kroil for carbon so i may as well get some tacked on the order so whts the best stuff!??

cheers Andy

KG1 works for me :D

Use your normal rod and jag, with a patch on. Smear the patch allover with the JB paste, and roll it around the jag. Insert into bore at the desired spot and "short stroke " it backwards and forwards a few dozen times. Then patch the bore out a good few times with normal solvent to remove the paste. Dont go mad....you only want to remove the ring.

Use your normal rod and jag, with a patch on. Smear the patch allover with the JB paste, and roll it around the jag. Insert into bore at the desired spot and "short stroke " it backwards and forwards a few dozen times. Then patch the bore out a good few times with normal solvent to remove the paste. Dont go mad....you only want to remove the ring.

Thanks Dave

I'll get some ordered Monday!

Cheers Andy

Yes that is exactly what I do. Only thing to add is that I do not let the patch exit the muzzle so as to protect the crown.

Yes that is exactly what I do. Only thing to add is that I do not let the patch exit the muzzle so as to protect the crown.

well

i did exactly this & the amount of black that came out was mental!

On my previous cleaned barrel!

hope im all sorted now but next time I go to my rfd ill scope it!

cheers Andy

The amount of black isn,t always indicative of carbon. JB paste turns black on contact with steel, so dont read too much into that. It will go black in an unshot barrel.

You can "feel" when its right.

Use the force. :lol:

The amount of black isn,t always indicative of carbon. JB paste turns black on contact with steel, so dont read too much into that. It will go black in an unshot barrel.

You can "feel" when its right.

Use the force. :lol:

thanks Dave

I changed patches on 12 strokes and I could feel a little tightness pulling back

Into chamber

The second patch was not as black and the tight feeling was gones

I'm thinking that I may need to re tune my load as I've been slowly backing my varget load off for the last couple of hundred rnds due to the odd pressure increase!

Down to 28.8 g now does seem fair low even with my short freebore!

Cheers Andy

Archived