Zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50 windage adjustment

Rols

Hi

I recently bought a 20 mag Conquest. I've mounted it onto my 6br and although it's zeroed ok there are only another 4 clicks on the windage adjustment.

I previously had a 14 mag Conquest on the rifle and had about 40 clicks of adjustment left.

The rifle is a stiller action, with a rail and TET two piece mounts built by Mike Norris so I'm absolutely confident that everything is in order with the rifle.

So the question is has anybody experienced anything similar? I'm starting to think there may be something wrong with the scope which was described as new, but showed signs of use and due to the fact that I had to re centre the windage turret as it was actually almost to it's maximum adjustment when I took it out of the box

Thanks

Rich

sounds like the scope needs checking. shouldn't have 4 clicks left. and as you said wouldn't think its the rifle if your old scope was fine on it with enough adjustment left over.

I think I'll ring Zeiss tomorrow to see if they can check it over, just don't know if it will have to go back to the U.S or not

I think your scope is not mounted center to the bore.

The 6.5-20 conquest and for example the 30mm 4-16x50 S&B don't have

much windage adjustment,a bit more care must be taken when mounting them.

I have two 6.5-20 conquests, love them.

edi

Archived