Compressed loads 223

tikka 223

Using 26 grn of h4895 and 55 grn blitzkings coal 2.250 im feeling the powder compress a bit .

shot a few and there groupng fine but a bit unsure if its ok to compress loads :blink:

Checked the spent cases and no sign of pressure marks so happy to a point .

Any veiws from the more experinced ?

Load taken from The Complete reloading manual for the .223 Remmmington Book

Please note this was the maximun load for the powder

Thanks Rob

Guest varmartin

Rob..

I have been hand loading my sako75 .223 for two years.

Its diet consists of 25 grains of H4895/ 26 grains V140 with a range of bullets mostly 60vmax.

All of which have been compressed loads.

When I switched to Lapua Match brass this compression has been reduced due to higher internal case volume,

So I stuck more powder in and upped the charged...compressed loads again :)

I have also noticed a ring forming on the ogive of 60 Vmax heads but it has not affected its stunning accuracy .

NOTE. for novice re-loaders reading this info...

These loads are safe in my rifle but may not be in others . start 10 % lower and work up as always.

Martin

Try 24.5 grains of varget, under a 77 grain matchking :lol: thats what you call a compressed load :lol: the powder crunches on bullet seating, and makes your arse nip a bit. :lol: perfectly safe mate, dont worry about it.The time to start worrying, is when the powder forces the bullet back out. :)

I am no expert on reloading and all my loads are compressed loads using lapua match brass, i to have noticed a slight ring on my 50 gr v-max heads after seating ,this worried me a little but like varmartin accuracy is still ok so it makes me feel reasured that things are ok

Archived