Reloader 7??????

craigyboy

At the minute over here there is a real shortage of powders so I have been hoking around shops trying to find powders that I can use I found a shop with 4 tubs of alliant reloader 7, I checked out the burn rate and its very close to the powders I am using in the tac20 its slightly faster than H322 and a wee bit slower than h4198, anyone have experience with this powder in a similar case size to the tac20, say a .223 or .222? Not so concerned with out right velocity as long as its accurate and very consistant, as I say powder is hard to get there at the moment so I just have to take what I can get. Thanks

CB: I like RL-7 and have used it in a variety of cartridges. 19 - 20 grains in the .222 is a great load with 45 - 52 grain bullets. After 20 grains it gets a little peaky (no appreciable velocity gain) so I stopped there. I load for a wide range of cartridges and always keep a can of RL-7 around. ~Andrew

thanks Andrew, I will maybe pick up a tub and try it out, seems like it should work fine.

Archived