204 load data

v-max

Hi a mate has asked me to help him & reload his 204 for him. I have tryed & better than tryed google for data on N133 with the 35g berg HP. He was getting it loaded for him & has a recipie of 27.5g with federal 205M primmer but i have looked at his cases & they are pressured to the hilt the primmer is cratering & i wanted to check the data on it but cant find starting to max loads for N133 for 35g.

Can someone help & give me a starting load & max load please foe 35g & the same for 32g loads with N133 please

The Vit site

http://www.lapua.com/en/products/reloading/vihtavuori-reloading-data/relodata/5/41

shows 32gr and 40gr bullets as you will have found, use the data for the 40s, so start 23.1 and take it from there. Bearing in mind the pressures that you are finding at 27.5gr then I might be tempted to load a couple at about 22.5 to start with. Vit's max load is 25.3gr so I am not surprised you are seeing pressure signs big time, getting a good dose of recoil as well I expect. 205s do show pressure early so continue with them as they are a good warning sign. The 32gr loads are on the Vit site above using N135 which is a shade cooler that N133. I would start the 32s at about 23gr and work up.

A

Hi a mate has asked me to help him & reload his 204 for him. I have tryed & better than tryed google for data on N133 with the 35g berg HP. He was getting it loaded for him & has a recipie of 27.5g with federal 205M primmer but i have looked at his cases & they are pressured to the hilt the primmer is cratering & i wanted to check the data on it but cant find starting to max loads for N133 for 35g.

Can someone help & give me a starting load & max load please foe 35g & the same for 32g loads with N133 please

I've published a load of 27.5gn N135, with a Fed205M behind a 39gn SBK... But, as already pointed out, N133 is faster and the 35gn Berger a different bullet to the 39gn SBK. I have never had good groups with the Bergers so I abandoned them. If I were to put them in order of accuracy for the .204Ruger, starting with the most accurate the list would look like:

39gn SBK

32gn Hornady VMax

40gn Hornady VMax

35gn Berger

best wishes,

Finman

Hi thanks very much all on this matter. Alycidon i was looking at the 40g data & going to work it up cheers for that & thanks to all for the replies.

As for the rifle i was just asked if i would load it & given the empty cases when i saw the primmers etc & was a little concerned. the owner just wants me to copy the load but i think i will reload develope it as he got it back rebarreled & load developed like this & iv tryed to tell them this is not good thanks once again.

v-max

Hi thanks very much all on this matter. Alycidon i was looking at the 40g data & going to work it up cheers for that & thanks to all for the replies.

As for the rifle i was just asked if i would load it & given the empty cases when i saw the primmers etc & was a little concerned. the owner just wants me to copy the load but i think i will reload develope it as he got it back rebarreled & load developed like this & iv tryed to tell them this is not good thanks once again.

v-max

If the owner is getting someone to put these loads together for him in the event of a blow up then the round constructor may be liable. It just underlines the view that you should not get others to load for you and if you do you must ensure that the load you ask for is safe. Its easy to ask here and elsewhere for a safe working load for most calibers.

And if you are loading for someone else then let this be a warning to you, if you do then drop at least 1.5gr below max published load and insist on seeing fired cases.

A

If the owner is getting someone to put these loads together for him in the event of a blow up then the round constructor may be liable. It just underlines the view that you should not get others to load for you and if you do you must ensure that the load you ask for is safe. Its easy to ask here and elsewhere for a safe working load for most calibers.

And if you are loading for someone else then let this be a warning to you, if you do then drop at least 1.5gr below max published load and insist on seeing fired cases.

A

I wish to not name names but the rifle/loads came from a very respected rifle builder hence my disgust a bit & have said i do not wish to copy the load but redevelope the load & i will be behind or there on my loads to test then i wish to hand over my date for them to load at some point.

Archived