Varminting loads for 6.5 x 47

dorg

Dorg,

Not used the 85g bullets but the 95g V-max's worked and well north of 3000fps with ease (N140/CCI 450's from memory).

If you are interested I'll dig out the load?

Brgds Terry

My mate is running 95 vmax at the minute on Varget, very accurate to. just wanted to try something that maybe a littile flatter.

Guest richness

My mate is running 95 vmax at the minute on Varget, very accurate to. just wanted to try something that maybe a littile flatter.

It's not really about the weight mate; more the BC of the bullet.

In 264 the BC goes through the roof about 120gr so i'd try that sort of area if you want a nice fast flat bullet. They'll absolutely lap a 85gr softpoint

Cheers, Richard :)

I am running 95b/tips with either varget or re15 at 38.5 grians,

But as Richard as pionted out the 123g scenars at the longer distances will out perform them every time with a projected bc of 547 (big differance)

Just got some 130 jlk bullets and the b/c on them is so they say 620 and they are a vld,,,

and to be honest the do look like the dogs gahoullies ???

only time will tell ;)

Darrel

Guest richness

I am running 95b/tips with either varget or re15 at 38.5 grians,

But as Richard as pionted out the 123g scenars at the longer distances will out perform them every time with a projected bc of 547 (big differance)

Just got some 130 jlk bullets and the b/c on them is so they say 620 and they are a vld,,,

and to be honest the do look like the dogs gahoullies ???

only time will tell ;)

Darrel

I'm well excited for you about those JLKs mate :)

Even if the OP stuck to non-match bullets like 120/123 amax, 120gr Nolser BT, the BC is up around .5 and the speed 2900-3050 depending on powder and that is a gonna be a sweet varmint load. Use your 85gr varminters and suchlike and you'll have the same splat but hundreds of yards less reliable range

are they the bullets brian at fox firearms is selling and what barell are u useing

I do understand that brian is selling jlk bullets but i got mine from reloadinginternational.com

My barrel is a border barrel and it has nearly 2000 rounds down the tube and as you can see it is still shooting well!!!

If you need any more info just give us a shout!!!!

I am up at the Diggle this saturday, i will pop and see Brian and find out what he has got in stock??

Darrel

Archived