Night Vision meet Berkshire 12 Nov

Gloop

IMPORTANT NOTICE... VENUS CHANGE. SEE LAST POST FOR FULL DETAILS

Sorry if there is an intro page but I couldn't see it.

So my first post is to let you all know that there is a NV evening at Travellers Friend

Crookham Common RG19 8EA

0118 971 3156

Like the one up north but closer for those down south :blink:

All being well there are a number of units being brought by people so everybody can look through each others units. So we have a number of Gen 1 right the way to Gen 3.

Kick off is at 6pm..... ish.

If you bring a rifle then please leave the bolt at home as this is a public place.

Field out the back lets us see out to 300 yards so it should give a good indication.

So here hoping for a cloudy dry night.

All welcome

• 2 weeks later...

would have been nice for you say hello first, :blush:

I did say I couldn't find the intro page but I am happy to do a intro here. Just most sites seem to have a dedicated place to do it.

So hello everybody, apologies for not introducing myself.

I live in Newbury Berkshire and been shooting shotguns and airrifles for about 10 years. Do a bit of everything, mainly rabbits but moved into centrefire this year and having more luck with foxes than deer. 3 foxes and 1 deer so far.

I like my NV and do most of my pest control with it. Tending to keep lamps for picking up the quarry after it has been dispatched

I organised the NV meet purely cos I wanted to see the difference between other units. I am always on the lookout for stuff that makes life better and easier in the field.

No someone is gonna tell me there is a dedicated section to put this in. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT. VENUE CHANGE

Due to the local Rotarians deciding to have a charity bonfire and fireworks display in the field next door I have had to move the venue.

The new venue is the;

Travellers Friend

Crookham Common RG19 8EA

0118 971 3156

See clicky below.

MAP OF PUBDirections; From the A4. Head for Thatcham, then follow directions for train station. Go over the trainline and stay on that road. The pub is about 3 miles out on the lefthand side.

Good field out the back and we should be able to spot out to about 200 yards.

I even have some fox shaped thingies that people can look at and there may even be some horses out in the fields so you can see the real thing.

Archived