22-243 MIDDLESTEAD

Anybody using one?I have a swift and have owned a 22.250 ai.But when i spoke to russ gall about having another swift built he suggested the 22-243.The benifits over the swift are lapua brass and less case streching.Before i commit to a another swift i woudn't mind some feed back on this calibre.I have been playing with my RPA 22.250 neil mckilop put a 8 twist krieger on.In a word with the 75gr a max it is awsome.Thanks to those who gave advice and load data.

Cheers sean

Have you considered a 22-6,5x47 instead?

Lapau small primer brass, low recoil and easy to load for with good accuracy. My wife shoots one with 80 grain SMK's at 3250fps through a 1:8 TrueFlite.

My view is it would be less of a barrel burner than the Middlestead versus the 22-6,5x47. Wife agrees as well having just shot a 30mm group at 656 yards, the rifle had around 800 rounds through the barrel at that point and from new it was in the 1's. Some of the forum members have seen it in action.

Osprey Rifles have the reamer for the 22 CHRISTEL

Have you considered a 22-6,5x47 instead?

Lapau small primer brass, low recoil and easy to load for with good accuracy. My wife shoots one with 80 grain SMK's at 3250fps through a 1:8 TrueFlite.

My view is it would be less of a barrel burner than the

Middlestead versus the 22-6,5x47. Wife agrees as well having just shot a 30mm group at 656 yards, the rifle had around 800 rounds through the barrel at that point and from new it was in the 1's. Some of the forum members have seen it in action.

Osprey Rifles have the reamer for the 22 CHRISTEL

Thats impressive Davy! Crows would be a doddle :)

I had a chat with Greg about a year ago about his and he told me he was pushing 80 gr bergers at 3600 fps.

Christel keeps hers below the 1000m/sec mark to be range legal however the moly coated 80 SMK's could certainly be pushed quicker however the current load gives good accuracy to 1200 yards, longevity of brass and barrel and low recoil. I should add this is not a bench rest rifle, it is a BVSS stocked Savage with the Match action and TrueFlite shot off an F/TR bipod as she dislikes lugging a front rest around, plus she wanted it to look like a normal rifle. I added a bag rider and it has a Tubb 4 way on the back.

She is yet to get the three shot clover leaf she aspires to at 600m but she has had a fair few doubles. Luckily she does not post on this forum so I can happily say it is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot without fear of getting a Nahnahnah from her :)

The 22-6,5x47 is well worth a look.

Archived