ASE Jet-Z Compact Moderator

Welcome Deeksofdoom

I take mine off after each outing and give it a blast with WD40, Break-free or light gun oil.

washing with liquids or solvents is not recommended.

(RTFM) :P

Welcome Deeksofdoom

I take mine off after each outing and give it a blast with WD40, Break-free or light gun oil.

washing with liquids or solvents is not recommended.

(RTFM) :P

Is that what it says in the manual? I'ld have read the manual if I'ld had one, but thanks for the reply.

How do you get the crud out of the inside of it?

Ι have on of them on my 17HMR. I unscrew the top cap, and wipe out (with a little wooden stick and some used up patches) all the crud that has accumulated under the cap and around the tube. I then flush it with break cleaner and, once it is all dry, spray with WD40. A bit fiddly, but worth the trouble...

Finman

Ι have on of them on my 17HMR. I unscrew the top cap, and wipe out (with a little wooden stick and some used up patches) all the crud that has accumulated under the cap and around the tube. I then flush it with break cleaner and, once it is all dry, spray with WD40. A bit fiddly, but worth the trouble...

Finman

ASE Jet-Z Utra you can't unscrew the top cap!

My mistake! I thought you were talking about the 'ultra' version (I think!) which is suitable for rimfires. I have 2 JetZ moderators for my 6.5 and my 7mm, I am very familiar with them. A generous squirt with WD40 at the end of each shooting session is all they need (as per RTFM!), and that is all I have ever done :)

best wishes and apologies for the confusion,

Finman

Archived