Pigeon carcasses

adam204

I'm getting into pigeon shooting this year and had a small bag last weekend, but I don't know what to do with the carcasses after breasting the meat out. I don't have dogs to feed them too. What do you do with them? I wonder how much of a problem this will become as I shoot more and my bags get bigger!

Many thanks,

Adam.

I'm getting into pigeon shooting this year and had a small bag last weekend, but I don't know what to do with the carcasses after breasting the meat out. I don't have dogs to feed them too. What do you do with them? I wonder how much of a problem this will become as I shoot more and my bags get bigger!

Many thanks,

Adam.

I have had the same problem whenever I go pigeon shooting. I have come up with four solutions

a) keep the carcasses and use them as decoys the next time I go out, if I am going in the next couple of days. Once finished, see © or (d) below,

B) bury them (although this one is dodgy, given that you have to bury them deep and in a place where there is no water table etc, so not recommended)

c) find a piece of scrub and toss them there for the foxes and badgers. If you know a place where foxes and badgers go, they will be gone in a matter of hours.

d) if your bin is going to be collected in the next couple of days, doublebag them in black binliners and put them in the bin.

I never feed them to the dogs, too much feather and small bones, don't want to take the risk (and I am not sure the dogs would eat them anyway)

best wishes,

Finman

Archived