nv project

dfp

just finished nv project with yukon ranger and tv screen with 140 and 170 lightforce with ir either side

but just the 140 on its own is to powerfull its putting a white glare on screen

was going to try a dimmer switch deben do one but it seems a bit pricey

anyone know of anymore on market cheers dean

• 1 month later...

Night vision set up should be compete now. I bought an acorn trail camera and have had it on a piece of land that always produced foxes. Had it on for three weeks over bait and not a Dicky bird, moved it to another farm where used to shoot a lot but went quiet for a long time and result. 6 good picture of a young fox.

So going to leave it a couple of nights to settle down to regular feeding times then I'll have a look at time and sit out for it.

The whole thinking on the set up is so I can go out and sort problem foxes out with minimal time and diesel spent on them.

I'm hoping that when I sit out for it, I can sit there with camera on but no infera red on and and wait for Infa red flash to flash which should show up on the telly screen and I can flick lamp on and sort it with pulsar and a bit of 204 loving.

There is that too many people at it round here and every fox is lamp shy. The is a few lads who go out on bordering land and they have shot at 6 foxes and picked 0 within in the last month. Hence why I'm putting so much effort with this project.

I'll let you know how I go on.

Always found that they don't like the pipes if they are wick ones. They do start feeding but could try a couple of weeks. I've found digging a 2 ft x 2 ft x 1 ft deep hole then put chicken necks and heads in, just put couple of inch of top soil back over. They aren't keen on kebabs either.

Always found that they don't like the pipes if they are wick ones. They do start feeding but could try a couple of weeks. I've found digging a 2 ft x 2 ft x 1 ft deep hole then put chicken necks and heads in, just put couple of inch of top soil back over. They aren't keen on kebabs either.

I have also found they dont like pipes or kebabs, looking at them through ther stelth camera they will give ot a look and take a wide birth, to many people missing them and running dogs on them. A lot of my permission is in very remote areas and strange objects spook them.

I have found that dry chicken dog bickeys soaked in some omega fish oil then mixed in with Felix Fish cat food works well as long as you sprinkle it about it seems to hold them there for a good 40 minuites or so.

Good hunting.

Mike...........................

I have also found they don't like pipes or kebabs, looking at them through the stealth camera they will give it a look and take a wide birth, to many people missing them and running dogs on them. A lot of my permission is in very remote areas and strange objects spook them.

I have found that dry chicken dog bickeys soaked in some omega fish oil then mixed in with Felix Fish cat food works well as long as you sprinkle it about it seems to hold them there for a good 40 minutes or so.

Good hunting.

Mike...........................

Hi lads,I used to use pipes not a great success Then i changed to wire baskets with 2in holes so they can pull the bait out.I have 4 of these bait stations out at the moment,I have all kinds of bait from sheep pigeons partridge and pheasants.The one i have most success with is sardines and tinned dog food, shot 5 in the last fortnight. Watched one last night on the bait, eating the sardines took the safety off watched him for a few mins put the safety back on and let him go, will catch up with him later.must be getting soft.

terry

Hi lads,I used to use pipes not a great success Then i changed to wire baskets with 2in holes so they can pull the bait out.I have 4 of these bait stations out at the moment,I have all kinds of bait from sheep pigeons partridge and pheasants.The one i have most success with is sardines and tinned dog food, shot 5 in the last fortnight. Watched one last night on the bait, eating the sardines took the safety off watched him for a few mins put the safety back on and let him go, will catch up with him later.must be getting soft.

terry

Terry

top man sardines never thought of that one, Aldi here I come........

Handy living on the coast, as I nip down to the fish quay and the guy bags up the heads and trimmed bodies of salmon, cod, etc for me.

Managed to take four charlie over the stinky fish in July and August, but it's gone really quiet here now (good for our birds, but not for the sport).

Need to start the nv ambushing in the next week or so.

George

Strange thing is, when I last got two bags of fish from the fishmonger (proper full bags), I decided to freeze one of them for future use.

The bag of fresh fish scraps seemed to be much more attractive to charlie than the same fish that had been frozen and then defrosted. Go figure :blink:

If I was after blowfly maggots, the defrosted stuff would have been the business as it ended up literally moving along the path as it became infested with them.

George

Archived