Schmidt and bender Pm11 retical

mutley

Hi all,

Has anyone seen the new P4 MOA reticle on s&b's website. If only it was a standard retical not a fine one and in second focal plane. Does anyone know if they are producing them yet and if they do a standard retical in P4 MOA in second focal plane?

Any way heres the link

My link

My link

What do you think?

Many thanks Matt

Gents,

Agree with having the adjustments and retcule in the same 'graduations' but I'm struggling to see the advantage of the 2ndFP with any graduated reticule? It's only useful at a couple of magninifcation settings.

Not trying to be smart but can someone explain to me as I migh be missing something? :huh:

Cheer T

Gents,

Agree with having the adjustments and retcule in the same 'graduations' but I'm struggling to see the advantage of the 2ndFP with any graduated reticule? It's only useful at a couple of magninifcation settings.

Not trying to be smart but can someone explain to me as I migh be missing something? :huh:

Cheer T

You're not missing anything. Where you want to use the ret to measure corrections FFP is the clever choice. It can make the ret thick at longer range, which is why some people go for SFP for small targets.

I don't use the retical for range finding as i use a Lieca. I got on very well with nightforces MOA style retical and just used it for hold over if i wasn't going to dial in. Belt and Braces realy.

Don't realy get on very well with FFP as someone said the crosshairs are to big on high mag, but maybe its just me!

Also I want to use it with my pvs 14 which doesn't pick up the P4 fine vey well.

Many Thanks Matt

I don't use the retical for range finding as i use a Lieca. I got on very well with nightforces MOA style retical and just used it for hold over if i wasn't going to dial in. Belt and Braces realy.

Don't realy get on very well with FFP as someone said the crosshairs are to big on high mag, but maybe its just me!

Also I want to use it with my pvs 14 which doesn't pick up the P4 fine vey well.

Many Thanks Matt

It's not necessarily about using the ret for rangefinding. Say you aimed at something and spotted the bullet strike a few feet away. Measure with the ret, dial with the knobs. With matched ret and knobs and FFP there's no brainpower in it at all. Lovely.

• 1 month later...

YEAP , Its that easy , its about aimoffs and measuring a correction & dailling straight away with no number crunching .

Also I find FFP scopes very simple and quick to zero because of NO maths .

that just me thou

donot use mine for range finding at all

Gents,

As I sort of thought, it is down to your use or needs.

Personnally I use FFP mil ret & mil adjustments. I need to range (lasers either banned or trees/bushes deliberatly in the way), my spotting scope is also FFP/mil ret and when shooting with my team mate he is also FFP mil/mil. Regardless of magnification or what I'm looking through everything is a direct reading, no maths and corrections can be used 'neat' (either my own or called to team mate).

Like so much in shooting, use the right tool for your particular job :)

Brgds Terry

Archived