Muzzle Break V Mods.

Since I've had my Accuracy international 6.5x47 its always had a Jet Z Compact fitted, for firing and I'm interested to know if it would be any more accurate, if it had a muzzle break fitted or would it aid accuracy more so than having the moderator fitted ?

Secondly which muzzle breaks are made to fit Accuracy International rifles ?

Regards

Rob

Since I've had my Accuracy international 6.5x47 its always had a Jet Z Compact fitted, for firing and I'm interested to know if it would be any more accurate, if it had a muzzle break fitted or would it aid accuracy more so than having the moderator fitted ?

Secondly which muzzle breaks are made to fit Accuracy International rifles ?

Regards

Rob

it may change the barrel harmonics a little for better or worse , only really one way to find out?

i would guess you could have a brake fitted to the thread you've already got on your barrel for the jet z ? you really need a bit more than a 6.5x47 if your going to blow the tr shooters caps off at bisley with your brake,may i suggest a 300rum?

Rob,

I prefer using a brake, but it's situation dependent.

I have the impression that the brake gives a smidge more recoil reduction, but the difference is so slight that it may be in my head.

What I prefer about a brake is losing the clumsy inertia of the feeling of having a great pendulum mass on the end of the barrel (that suppressors bring).

Accuracy difference? Couldn't say.

AI? Well, assuming your AE has the same muzzle thread as AWs, it's threaded 18 x 1.5. Which gives you a choice of AI brakes or AI brakes. And AI brakes are, in my opinion, relatively ineffective (compared to other designs) and over heavy -there's too much irrelevant metal in them. When I had my AW rebarrelled I had an 18x1 thread put on it in order to fit a TRG brake, see here:

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9049&st=0&p=80295&hl=brake&fromsearch=1entry80295

I reckon your best option would be to ask Gavin at ACR whether one of his TRGish brakes could be had with an 18x1.5 thread.

The biggest advantage a brake will have over a mod is the heat haze issue. Obviously this is as ever dependant on situation but lots of shots on the range using a mod always gives me mirage problems as the can heats up real quick.

Mark

Archived