Just the one tonite.

Guest northernchris

Guest northernchris

We went out for a quick look around with the lamp tonite but on some of the low ground the mist was hanging in the air with no wind to move it on ;)

After covering most of the ground we could get across we came across 2 sets of eyes 1 was way out in with the cattle at about 400+ yards and the other mooching around the closer ditch at 300 yards.I gave a squeek off the back of my hand and the closer fox started to make his way towards us across the drillings, he paused at just over 200 yards,just enough to squeeze a shot off with the Steyr. :lol:

02112007167.jpg

Guest northernchris

6mmbr

I am the same i always have my fone with me so i always have a backup,if my balls werent in a bag i would forget um ;):lol:

V-Max

we all have bad days behind the gun :(

6mmbr

I am the same i always have my fone with me so i always have a backup,if my balls werent in a bag i would forget um ;):lol:

:(:lol::lol: Your bloody right there. Not herd that angle on things though.

Cheers

Dave

Guest northernchris

I have just got in from an afternoon of shooting with Ian (Verminicerator) and Geoff (Alycidon) my best kill was 551yrds with the .22-250 useing FACTORY fodder. ;) I think Ian is going to do a write up and pics tonite.

I have just got in from an afternoon of shooting with Ian (Verminicerator) and Geoff (Alycidon) my best kill was 551yrds with the .22-250 useing FACTORY fodder. :lol: I think Ian is going to do a write up and pics tonite.

;):lol: shy,s away to think .

thats a hell of a shot well done , maybe one day i could post the same .

but i dout it :(

my best kill was 551yrds with the .22-250

Congratulations. Now as my old schools rifle team shooting instructor always said, do it again to show it wasn't a fluke. He was a particularly vindictive man. :lol:

Guest northernchris

Thanks Harry,i wouldnt have had you down as a public school boy :lol: I would say it wasnt a fluke,but you would be more than welcome to come up here for a play and see how you do.

Yeah Rapid,

like Chris says, it most cetainly was not a fluke, but a calculated shot bringing the zero up from 413yds to 557yds resulting in a first shot kill.

I was there as was Alycidon and we both witnessed Chris repeatedly hit targets out to 780yds with both his 22-250 and his 6.5x55

Come along on a saturday afternoon and join the three of us for some fun L/R shooting, if you can shoot as well a you can talk you will have it sewn up easily :o:lol:

Ian.

Yeah Rapid,

like Chris says, it most cetainly was not a fluke, but a calculated shot bringing the zero up from 413yds to 557yds resulting in a first shot kill.

I was there as was Alycidon and we both witnessed Chris repeatedly hit targets out to 780yds with both his 22-250 and his 6.5x55

Come along on a saturday afternoon and join the three of us for some fun L/R shooting, if you can shoot as well a you can talk you will have it sewn up easily :o:lol:

Ian.

That is absolutly correct, the even got me, a dedicated 100/150 yard fox man banging away at 500 yards with a remarkable degree of success. To say I was surprised is putting it mildly, had it been a fox I would have been calling it in.

At 780 yards Chris was using a clump of earth as a target in a field of recently drilled wheat. I would estimate that most shots were landing within a foot, we were watching through binos. This was off a (Shooting Bags) table with a benchrest style front rest on it and a rear bag but whatever way you do it it is very impressive. The 6.5x55 is a normal stalking type rifle with a light barrel as well.

A

Come on lads get your stories straight.

Aly claims "I would estimate that most shots were landing within a foot,"

Ian claims "we both witnessed Chris repeatedly hit targets out to 780yds"

As Rooster Cogburn once said "Whats it to be?" :lol:

It matters not really, as my comment was just a light hearted jape. Hence the smilie at the end. No need for you to be all so defensive. ;)

Ian Thanks for the offer to come paper punching or mud clump shooting its been years since I banged away at anything over 300yds. Unfortunately Saturdays are fully booked until mid April with beating, stalking, and holidays. Then the fly fishing season starts and the roe bucks are in. :o

Archived