reloading data

rabbit fingers

I've just seen the updated viht reloading data for the 6.5x47lapua. The max load for the 123 scenar and N550 seems very low to me (39.7). quickload gives a max peak pressure of 51978psi. In fact I use over 39gr with 140gr bullets with no pressure signs and excellent case life.By contrast the Max viht load of39.7 N540 and 123 scenar gives a max peak pressure of 67695psi according to quickload.

So what do you think? should i rethink my load( developed before the factory data was available) for the 140 bullets seeing as they are now 1.5gr over the new 'book' max of 37.7 for 139gr bullets?

I've just seen the updated viht reloading data for the 6.5x47lapua. The max load for the 123 scenar and N550 seems very low to me (39.7). quickload gives a max peak pressure of 51978psi. In fact I use over 39gr with 140gr bullets with no pressure signs and excellent case life.By contrast the Max viht load of39.7 N540 and 123 scenar gives a max peak pressure of 67695psi according to quickload.

So what do you think? should i rethink my load( developed before the factory data was available) for the 140 bullets seeing as they are now 1.5gr over the new 'book' max of 37.7 for 139gr bullets?

What speeds are you running at with your load????

If it works well in your rifle use it,, providing that the pressure signs are ok,,,

Darrel

Both are a "guide" only you might get pressure issues before the max you might not get it till well over. Lot variations, brass, primers, temprature the individual gun all these and more change presure. Personally i work most loads up slowly till i get some light pressure signs, this way i have an idea how close i am running to a potential porblem then always reduce back from it a fair margin- i don't take this too far mind you and i watch the chronograph with care as well as the brass and bolt lift

Archived