A buck from the dingle......

Hi Martin he came in very quickly, where you out with a client at the time?

Nice job well done.

ATB Bob

I had a friend over Bob,and as we got over a 5 bar gate the buttolo in my pocket made a very small pheep,and he came round the hawthorn bush to see what it was all about.You can see him licking the air for hormones as he drops down over the small banking,and he just sped up after that,hence the bark to stop him because he was coming in too quickly.My friend was very happy,as I was.The Buck had been in the wars though,he had a broken tine and his ear was ripped in half,and he had a small wound on his underside,but was a god weight,yet to be confirmed though as he is still hanging in the larder with another taken last night.Are you calling many Bob?

Martin

Hi Martin

There seems to be a large number of wondering bucks around at the moment, I don’t do any calling really, as I only respond to complaints of deer from clients.

But not 5 minuets from where I live there’s decent sized common / downs and it’s crawling with Roe, I was out there running my dog this morning, and I saw 3 different bucks all pretty young and looking quite stressed etc.

Last year I knew of 11 different doe’s that all had twins, how many survived god only knows.

To be truthful I think that the Roe population has got out of hand in some urban areas,

Hardly any control is undertaken and their numbers have shot up and it’s not doing the Roe any good.

Anyway keep up the filming you’re doing an excellent job, ATB Bob

Archived