Stealth Sound mod Baffle Photos

well guy here you are now you can make you own minds up regarding the quality of this mod against the A tec,it matters not to me what anyone buys as I have no commercial interest in these or any mods come to that also I would like it too be noted i have no vendetta or any personal feelings to-wards the maker or distributors of any of the mods ,so guys you pay your money you take your chance

OK after the last heated debate regarding wear on the A tec the proof was posted that the Atec has worn somewhat premature,now everyone had an opinion and everyone jumped up and down saying lets see how long the new Stealth lasts on a barrel burning 243 AI.

So I stated I would post photos of this mod after 208 shots as that what i put through the A tec only to find the baffles had burnt big time.

So after being present at the first testing of the Stealth mod by Col48 (see the review) I purchased the exact moderator use for testing which had 10 std 243 factory shots,10 std 308 factory shots,10 std 6.5x55 factory shots 10 7mm WSM home loads,10 243 AI home loads and 10 270 wsm home loads,thats 60 shots in total it may have had a few more but who counting

anyway after having this same mod fitted to my 243AI and may I add Aim using it on my 7mm WSM,to date I have placed 108 home loaded 243 AI rounds and 30 7mm WSM home loaded rounds

I was going to wait until I had actually shot 208 243 AI rounds but I think were just about there considering the spanking the mod has had

anyway hers are the photos taken today Thursday st of November 2008 at 1145am,

if you look very very carefully at the first blast baffle which is stainless there is a very very small amount of pitting and no burnt alloy dropping into my chamber

Picture694.jpg

The next photos are the entire baffle stack again showing the holes still perfectly round and showing no erosion

Picture695.jpg

Now this next photo is of the baffles of an A tec which has had only 208 rounds of 243 AI home loads through it,now guys you decide which is the worst for wear as Iam sick of being made out tho be a liar,I have done this test purely for no financial gain it has actually cost me time and money to do this

Picture606.jpg

Picture603.jpg

So guys make your own minds up as this is the last i will be posting on this subject,I will be checking the baffles again in another 100 rounds and if they are worn in such a way I think is unacceptable I will be having them replaced

Im glad you posted those picture`s flunky because i was in the market for a new moderator and i WAS about to purchase an Atec.

I is off to purchase a stealth now :)

well guy here you are now you can make you own minds up regarding the quality of this mod against the A tec,it matters not to me what anyone buys as I have no commercial interest in these or any mods come to that also I would like it too be noted i have no vendetta or any personal feelings to-wards the maker or distributors of any of the mods ,so guys you pay your money you take your chance

OK after the last heated debate regarding wear on the A tec the proof was posted that the Atec has worn somewhat premature,now everyone had an opinion and everyone jumped up and down saying lets see how long the new Stealth lasts on a barrel burning 243 AI.

So I stated I would post photos of this mod after 208 shots as that what i put through the A tec only to find the baffles had burnt big time.

So after being present at the first testing of the Stealth mod by Col48 (see the review) I purchased the exact moderator use for testing which had 10 std 243 factory shots,10 std 308 factory shots,10 std 6.5x55 factory shots 10 7mm WSM home loads,10 243 AI home loads and 10 270 wsm home loads,thats 60 shots in total it may have had a few more but who counting

anyway after having this same mod fitted to my 243AI and may I add Aim using it on my 7mm WSM,to date I have placed 108 home loaded 243 AI rounds and 30 7mm WSM home loaded rounds

I was going to wait until I had actually shot 208 243 AI rounds but I think were just about there considering the spanking the mod has had

anyway hers are the photos taken today Thursday st of November 2008 at 1145am,

if you look very very carefully at the first blast baffle which is stainless there is a very very small amount of pitting and no burnt alloy dropping into my chamber

Picture694.jpg

The next photos are the entire baffle stack again showing the holes still perfectly round and showing no erosion

Picture695.jpg

Now this next photo is of the baffles of an A tec which has had only 208 rounds of 243 AI home loads through it,now guys you decide which is the worst for wear as Iam sick of being made out tho be a liar,I have done this test purely for no financial gain it has actually cost me time and money to do this

Picture606.jpg

Picture603.jpg

So guys make your own minds up as this is the last i will be posting on this subject,I will be checking the baffles again in another 100 rounds and if they are worn in such a way I think is unacceptable I will be having them replaced

I didnt want to get into as ive got nothing to gain as people will buy what they want to buy.

The A-TEC baffles in the picture have not worn purely down to the force of hot gases, they a have also been eaten away as a result of the build of carbon and ammonia, which is highly corrosive.

Now the stealth baffles are worn in the pictures of this post that is clearly evident so the the answer is very clear, baffles will wear no matter who makes them sells them or uses them its down to the individual to decide whats best for them.

Again, as for spares ive got spares, the A-TEC is in stock and there is no issues with it, it is simply a damn good piece of kit.

Mate

your picking holes now,there is ONE baffle of the Steath that has shown very very mild pitting having been put through quite a bit of abuse from several different calibers,

The A Tec has exessive wear and has actually burnt away unlike the Stealth which has not having had a similar number of shots

Now which is the better mod ????

is the wear acceptable on an A tec mod for so little use ???

is having burnt alloy powder drop into your rifles chamber acceptable and safe ???

How much are the replacement baffles for the A tec

is the mild pitting acceptable on the Stealth

does the Stealth show signs of burnt baffles ???

No one siad these baffles will not wear or last forever BUT in the A tec shooting press wright up it clearly states "they have had not one failure and not one mod returned"

surely this wear on the A tec is failure ?? what else can it be,surely you or anyone else cannot condone fouling of any sort falling into your chamber ??

James

I can see why you are protecting the A tec its OK but please face the facts,I do agree the A tec s a good mod but the facts are the Stealth is prooving to be better (in my opinon and with the testing I persoanlly have done)

Mate im not picking holes, either mods do the job, for me its the A-TEC.

The stealth baffles are worn simple as that, now if you had put them up in the same condition as the A-TEC ones then that would be a fair comparison, I could post pictures or the stealth baffles which are considerably worn, but it serves no purpose and I would be called biased anyway.

You had a bad experience with the A-TEC for whatever reason, but how many is that now 4 maybe with issues? Hardly conclusive now is it.

As ive always said the A-TEC has never had a failure, baffles wearing to any extent is not a failure. A failure in my book is something not doing what it is supposed to, like the A10, T8, PES blowing up or falling to pieces.

The baffles you gave me work just fine, all those ive spoken too who have bought A-TECs (And that is getting on for well over a 100) are very happy with them. :)

So where do we go fom here? Is it that both mods have something to offer the end user, yes I think so, is it that the Stealth is a better mod, not a chance at this early stage. :lol:

Ive had all the moderators under the sun, pulled them to bits, cut them in half, but the simplicity of the A-TEC is by far the one I like.

[ Kal the baffles on the ATEC unless your blind look reallt worn compaired to the stealth ones. Now it might seem like sour grapes to you but the pictures really do tell a story. The stealth is a over barrel and protrudes 4.5 inch the Atec protrudes 6 inch the after sales acording to WSM is beter on he stealth mod . now i might like you talk horse that which promotes growth and vigour but even a retard can see that the stealth is streets ahead.Now you have been asked about replacement baffles for the mod you sell and it is one of the major selling points yet you still do not answer WHY ??????? . I can only speculate that they are that bungee expencive you are frightened to let every one know. This subject has went round the block and it was 3 months ago you were asked about the price .You might not even know now wouldnt that be a turn up from the importer.

Hey bambi would you love it if Kal took his tongue out your ass :):lol::lol:

Dave, read some of the previous threads/posts, you might just learn something. ;)

Lets continue to keep this a clean post guys - remember what happened to tha last moderator post.......

Mate

your picking holes now,there is ONE baffle of the Steath that has shown very very mild pitting having been put through quite a bit of abuse from several different calibers,

The A Tec has exessive wear and has actually burnt away unlike the Stealth which has not having had a similar number of shots

Now which is the better mod ????

is the wear acceptable on an A tec mod for so little use ???

is having burnt alloy powder drop into your rifles chamber acceptable and safe ???

How much are the replacement baffles for the A tec

is the mild pitting acceptable on the Stealth

does the Stealth show signs of burnt baffles ???

No one siad these baffles will not wear or last forever BUT in the A tec shooting press wright up it clearly states "they have had not one failure and not one mod returned"

surely this wear on the A tec is failure ?? what else can it be,surely you or anyone else cannot condone fouling of any sort falling into your chamber ??

James

I can see why you are protecting the A tec its OK but please face the facts,I do agree the A tec s a good mod but the facts are the Stealth is prooving to be better (in my opinon and with the testing I persoanlly have done)

Forgive me for saying so but are the stealth baffles not 30cal dia holes where the A-TEC ones are 6mm. Come on Pete make it a like for like comparison. :)

Archived