Bullet weight variations

CliveWard

Hi All,

I picked up a bag of 500 .30 144grn FMJ bullets for £10.....yes £10! about a year ago.

The accuracy from them was a bit average, about 2MOA at 100.

Now I have noticed quite a weight variation from 142 - 146 grains so I was considering sorting them by weight to see if that improved things any. What sort of weight ranges would you sort them into? Lots of 1 grain? i.e. 142-142.9, 143-143.9, etc. Or is that too fine?

Cheers

Clive

personally clive i would sort themm in to either .1 grains intervals or .3 at the very most

personally clive i would sort themm in to either .1 grains intervals or .3 at the very most

Cheers Spud,

Hmmm if it was 1 grain increments that would be a job I could cope with. I think for those fine increments I'll pass the job to my 7 yo daughter as a bit of a numeracy project :D

Cheers

Clive

I know what you mean Clive ive recently just done 2000 my self and found .3 grains difference betwean highest and lowest

personally i would stuff them in the top of a case and hurl them at falling plates on thetford battle area just as fast as i could work the bolt and change mags..........

Archived