Got "SHOT" off the Weihrauch HW66...222

:D will i done the deal last nite...got "shot" off the Weihrauch WH 66 in 222. :lol: went for a new Mannlicher Pro hunter COMBO deal in 223.. Any feedback on Mannlicher rifles will be appreciated..

ps The Weihrauch was new, and i good £350 in a trade in HUMMMMMM.. Dealer said he buyes them new for £380.. i give £680 for it new... At least Dick Turpin had a mask on!!!!! :lol:

My wife has a Prohunter in 223. She hasn't shot it much (currently hors de combat and out of shooting for a while) but we've done enough to get a pretty good feel for the good/bad points.

Right off it's demonstrated good accuracy with a range of loads. The trigger is nice, it feeds well and it's light. I like the safety system because it's quiet and it works. It cleans up well with the bore feeling smooth- no copper fouling yet. It comes ready threaded with 1/2" UNF fitting.

On the downside the stock still has some flex even though it's stiffer than the old version. The stock shape isn't made for shooting off a bench. The action is oversized for a wee .223 round although I guess this provides a big margin of strength and safety.

That's about it. My judgement is that it's a good rifle for the field, not a thing of beauty but a very good, tough tool. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cornishman

My wife has a Prohunter in 223. She hasn't shot it much (currently hors de combat and out of shooting for a while) but we've done enough to get a pretty good feel for the good/bad points.

Right off it's demonstrated good accuracy with a range of loads. The trigger is nice, it feeds well and it's light. I like the safety system because it's quiet and it works. It cleans up well with the bore feeling smooth- no copper fouling yet. It comes ready threaded with 1/2" UNF fitting.

On the downside the stock still has some flex even though it's stiffer than the old version. The stock shape isn't made for shooting off a bench. The action is oversized for a wee .223 round although I guess this provides a big margin of strength and safety.

That's about it. My judgement is that it's a good rifle for the field, not a thing of beauty but a very good, tough tool. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cornishman

many thanks for the reply cornishman..

Guest 308Panther
The Weihrauch was new, and i good £350 in a trade in HUMMMMMM.. Dealer said he buyes them new for £380.. i give £680 for it new... At least Dick Turpin had a mask on!!!!! :lol:

Generally Blue book on used guns from new(if you can prove ya bought new) is about 1/2...This of course can vary abit on

Maker,model,caliber and condition...

Your Happy,thats the main thing.

Remember your dealer has to make a living too so dont be surprised when ya see the price tag thats on it the next time ya walk in there....

308Panther

It always amazes me, that everyone else in life is allowed to earn money, and make a profit, but not if your a gun dealer. :lol: We have oddball guns on the shelf, taken in p/x to sell a new one, and doing valued customers a favour, that have been sat there for 2 years, imagine how much interest that money spent on those guns would have earnt in a bank?

Oh, and we like to eat occasionally.

It always amazes me, that everyone else in life is allowed to earn money, and make a profit, but not if your a gun dealer. :lol: We have oddball guns on the shelf, taken in p/x to sell a new one, and doing valued customers a favour, that have been sat there for 2 years, imagine how much interest that money spent on those guns would have earnt in a bank?

Oh, and we like to eat occasionally.

Baldie, my gun dealer is doing that will.. he can go to Argentina one or two times a year shooting doves :lol:

The risks entailed in starting any new business are large, over 90% of businesses fail in the first 3 years. The rewards therefore need to be decent to encourage people to have have go on their own.

In practise all buisnesses need good gross margins to cover overheads if they are to survive longterm. The actual figure will depend on each companies indivual cost of operating the business. This is higher than you think as the good old employer has been saddled with all sorts of additional government costs such as sickness pay etc.

A

Guest 308Panther

Baldie,

My "Dont be surprised" comment wasnt meant to offend,and I hope it didnt.

It was meant be realistic.

Gun dealers are in the market to move firearms,they have the channels to do so.

If I were a dealer and someone came in whinin about a price on a weapon

they just traded to me,my own reply would have to be sometin to the effect of

"You were free to sell it privately if you thought it was worth so much more"

Having the channels,connections and market comes with the job,so

my view is...Yeah ya should get paid for it,...

I probably wouldnt last if I had my own shop....I dont like whiners,

or Gangbangers so if one wereto walk in yellin" I gots to have me a 9"

I would have a hard time not adding another 500% just for trouble.

308Panther

Archived