Hi I have 1000 acers of woodland and looking for a syndicate of 3 rilfes to to help out with my roe cull.

The woodlands is in northlanarkshire scotland looking to take 30/40 deer a year to date i have had 17 bucks and ready to start at the does.All must have DMQ1 and working up to have level 2 price £300 a head plus vat.

hi is the stalking on a private estate or is it forestry , is it mature woodland or young plantations, is there any high seats on the ground, and how many does did you shoot last year. ds2....

hi is the stalking on a private estate or is it forestry , is it mature woodland or young plantations, is there any high seats on the ground, and how many does did you shoot last year. ds2....
Hi the woods private its young and old brodleaf plantations i have 10 high seat in the woods only shot 5 does and 4 kids last year.

To add to ds2s comments is there any hill ground in with it? oh and are you a company and vat registered??????
The ground is flat with two small rivers running thru it. I am a part time stalker and not vat registerd and not a company.just trying to get my cull over as fast as i can.

Hi the woods private its young and old brodleaf plantations i have 10 high seat in the woods only shot 5 does and 4 kids last year.

why did you only shoot 5does and 4 kids what was the reason for that if there is a good population of deer on the ground?

The ground is flat with two small rivers running thru it. I am a part time stalker and not vat registerd and not a company.just trying to get my cull over as fast as i can.

if your not vat registered why are you adding vat onto the asking price???????

if your not vat registered why are you adding vat onto the asking price???????

You can't charge VAT if you are not VAT registered.

I'm not sure that syndicate membership is VATable in the first place.

Wiseman

Advertising stalking on a forum is fraught with danger, you should insist that all replies are done by PM's

Good luck

PS. I wouldnt give a f*** whether you are vat registered or not, if the total cost is acceptable its ok by me, but the guys are right, if you are not vat registered, you can not charge it.

Now that i see the crap i was asked about the stalking that i was advertising and the pm's that i got im sorry i ever advertised the ground at all i will know better the next time if there is a next time. For instance was i VAT Registered if i have to pay VAT that is f all to do with know one but me. And one asked can you take a mate out for a shot with me if i join your syndicte.Sorry for not getting back to some of your replyes but i think you will see what i mean,

Now that i see the crap i was asked about the stalking that i was advertising and the pm's that i got im sorry i ever advertised the ground at all i will know better the next time if there is a next time. For instance was i VAT Registered if i have to pay VAT that is f all to do with know one but me. And one asked can you take a mate out for a shot with me if i join your syndicte.Sorry for not getting back to some of your replyes but i think you will see what i mean,

Wise man

Its not crap! it is a legitimate concern. You stated that the price was "price £300 a head plus vat." Then confirmed that you were not a VAT registered business. You there fore can not charge VAT. Its the law! You claimed that the ground had an abundance of beasts and yet by your own admission very few does had been shot the previous years. Your cull target was stated as being 30-40 beasts with 17 bucks already taken that only leaves 23 beasts max split between 4 stalkers thats only 5.75 beast each. 40 deer off a 1000 acres?????

Looking at the fact as presented I am sure you will appreciate why people were sceptical and cautious. I'm sure you were trying to do the right thing. But just got a little lost along the way.

Apart from the other issues, could it be that wise man meant

if he paid for the stalking as a whole with VAT and then split

the costs up with other stalkers (with Vat) ??

No Vat reg needed then, or?

Only if one increases the price while splitting it up, how is the

increase in Vat given to Government?

edi

Apart from the other issues, could it be that wise man meant

if he paid for the stalking as a whole with VAT and then split

the costs up with other stalkers (with Vat) ??

No Vat reg needed then, or?

Only if one increases the price while splitting it up, how is the

increase in Vat given to Government?

edi

Edi

As a non registered company he can't charge VAT full stop. If he increased the price it would have to be at a flat inclusive of VAT price.

As he has already paid the government the VAT on his purchase price there is no additional VAT to be paid. EVEN IF HE INCREASES THE PRICE.

It all sounds very complicated but I assure you its not.

Edi

As a non registered company he can't charge VAT full stop. If he increased the price it would have to be at a flat inclusive of VAT price.

As he has already paid the government the VAT on his purchase price there is no additional VAT to be paid. EVEN IF HE INCREASES THE PRICE.

It all sounds very complicated but I assure you its not.

Rapid,

VAT = value added tax , increase value = increase tax payment , at least in the business world.

I'm not sure if I understood it correct, does wise man own the land or has he bought the

shooting and "subleasing."

He might not mean that he is charging Vat, he might just mean that Vat has been or will be paid by him.

Unlucky wording.

example;

If he is charged 1200 + tax and wants to split that with additionally three others it's 300 + Vat for each of the 4.

That would be fair. Just splitting an invoice.

If he is charged 500 + tax and charges the other 3 with say 300 + Vat. Then the extra tax must somehow

get to government + the profit possibly seen as income. or?

edi

Rapid,

VAT = value added tax , increase value = increase tax payment , at least in the business world.

I'm not sure if I understood it correct, does wise man own the land or has he bought the

shooting and "subleasing."

He might not mean that he is charging Vat, he might just mean that Vat has been or will be paid by him.

Unlucky wording.

example;

If he is charged 1200 + tax and wants to split that with additionally three others it's 300 + Vat for each of the 4.

That would be fair. Just splitting an invoice.

If he is charged 500 + tax and charges the other 3 with say 300 + Vat. Then the extra tax must somehow

get to government + the profit possibly seen as income. or?

edi

edi

If only it were that simple.

Payment of VAT and charging of VAT all hinges upon VAT registration.

Not reg's you pay it but can't charge it, and vice versa.Only if reg's you have no choice you have to charge it.

I believe Wiseman does not own the land, and is sub letting the stalking.

if he paid £1200 plus VAT= 1410 and wishes to split the cost evenly between 4 stalkers he has to advertise the price as £352.50inc.

If he pays £500plus VAT=£587.50 and then charges the 3 others £352.50inc the balance of £822.50 is pure profit with no VAT to pay.

That's why you always need to ask if there will be a VAT registered invoice issued as if there isn't you can bet there is room to manoeuvre on the price.

Nice if you can pull it off. :lol:

edi

If only it were that simple.

Payment of VAT and charging of VAT all hinges upon VAT registration.

Not reg's you pay it but can't charge it, and vice versa.Only if reg's you have no choice you have to charge it.

I believe Wiseman does not own the land, and is sub letting the stalking.

if he paid £1200 plus VAT= 1410 and wishes to split the cost evenly between 4 stalkers he has to advertise the price as £352.50inc.

If he pays £500plus VAT=£587.50 and then charges the 3 others £352.50inc the balance of £822.50 is pure profit with no VAT to pay.

That's why you always need to ask if there will be a VAT registered invoice issued as if there isn't you can bet there is room to manoeuvre on the price.

Nice if you can pull it off. :lol:

Rapid I think we're talking about the same thing.

He shouldn't have mentioned Vat.

edi

Archived