Hi guys my parker hale silencer has finally given up the ghost so i am after a new moderator,the parker hales have been around for a long time now and i think there must be some better mods on the market now.

So my question is which silencer do you guys use on your rimmys firing subs thanks lads

Andy

Fail a parker hale? Mine has totally seized up, i can only remove the end cap and look at the filthy distorted old baffles inside in wonder. But you know what it always draws comments from other shooters about how quiet it is, to look at it you would never believe any gun could shoot with it on but believe me its a total tack driver. Saks often leak at the rear end i believe if you have one look for spots that can't be cleaned off your objective lens (other than that they are just fine on a .22lr) If i ever get another HMR i might try something special on it.

Parker Hales are good and they have returned to the market some time ago, cheap as chips as well. The ASE rimfire moddy is good and maybe a shade lighter.

A

Thanks for your help with this one guys the parker hale may not have been knackerd after all .The problem was everytime i took the rifle out the first round fired would make a bang then usally ok after that i only ever use winchester super x subs .So i thaught i would replace the mod, in the meantime while my paper work was with the police i went shooting and just used an old wairach mod i have but to my amazement first round bang then ok after that so i might have just scrapped a perfectly good parker hale mod but what else could be causing this problem,i cant believe that for the past 4 months the first round fired every outing was a bad bullet that broke the sound barrier even i am not that unlucky so if any of you have heard of owt like this before i am all ears i am at a total loss as to how to explain this and just thaught replace the mod .

Thanks once again guys.

Andy

Thanks for your help with this one guys the parker hale may not have been knackerd after all .The problem was everytime i took the rifle out the first round fired would make a bang then usally ok after that i only ever use winchester super x subs .So i thaught i would replace the mod, in the meantime while my paper work was with the police i went shooting and just used an old wairach mod i have but to my amazement first round bang then ok after that so i might have just scrapped a perfectly good parker hale mod but what else could be causing this problem,i cant believe that for the past 4 months the first round fired every outing was a bad bullet that broke the sound barrier even i am not that unlucky so if any of you have heard of owt like this before i am all ears i am at a total loss as to how to explain this and just thaught replace the mod .

Thanks once again guys.

Andy

The Weirach air rifle mod is very good but shouldn't be used on rimfires as you will damage it using any powder buning ammo. Might i suggest your first round is going supersonic hence the crack, why? Are you starting with a clean barrel? is there solvent or oil remaining in the barrel? Most subs run pretty close to the limit and even temprature can push them over oil i can almost garantee will

Guest richness

SAK all the way

In my tests, the Scirocco II was a shade better than SAK.

I love my DM80 as it shortens rifle and is smart but that's more money.

Bang for buck, i like the Scirocco mate

Richard Pope does a lovely rimfire mod, too. Not too much £ IIRC - might be worth looking him up

In the usa its know as first round crack/pop as when the powder is still burning as the bullet leaves the barrel and meets the clean air (oxygen rich) in the moderator, after the first shot the mod does not have a oxygen rich atmosphere in it.

Got paperwork back from firearms department the other day and became the proud owner of a SAK mod.

I have had it out a couple of times and the first round problem seems to be gone its also a lot quieter than the parker hale so thanks for all your help with this one guys :rolleyes::D

Andy

Archived