Foxing

223magic

I have been running a new Bushnell Trophy Stealth Camera in my paddock next to the chicken hutch for a weeks or so, there is a regular Mr Fox visiting and the picture quality has been very good. I have managed to angle the camera right down and have achieved a number of great photos with Mr Fox sitting and munching on the Felix Fish Cat food bait. Over the last 10 days I have only ever seen this one fox on the camera he is clearly identfiable by his black markings. I had not been able to shoot him due to cattle and calfs in the next field. Yesterday the farmer moved the cattle out so last night was the night !!! To wet to go up to visit onelesscharlie to see his new Longbow, so put out the cat food right next to the chicken hutch which is 100 yards from my bed room window. The camera was pointing on the food and at 11.45 pm in came Mr Fox, shooting bag on window sill the Archer was used to spot him and then I put the Archer on the Tikka .223 and he went down. When I was looking throught the Archer at the fox I had to stop as I thought someone else was lamping him but I quickley realised that it was the infrared out put from the camera.

This morning I checked the cameras SD card and there was some great pics of the fox feeding then flat on the floor, then a big fat bald bloke picking him up. The problem was that only 20 miniutes later in come another fox to mop up the remaining food. I can only assume that now fox one is dead that fox number two has very very quickley moved in on his teritory.

So here we go the whole process of chicken protection begins again. Thanks for looking.

Mike...

The trick is to always wear a hat then Mr fox wont see my slap head. Now go and Play with your LongBow personaly, I rekon a D760 is far better !!!!!

And it looks like there is one coming up for sale on the BBS

Archived