6BR & carbon

Hi guys

My 6br has started to tighten @ the front of the barrel when i pull a patch/brush thru into the chamber!

I had a serious acurracy problem with my 243ai due to carbon BUT my br is still shooting tiny litte bug holes!

Is there a carbon remover that will get rid of a carbon ring or will i have to get some JB paste to deal with it?

if so whts the best way to use the stuff & where to get soem from?

im about 450 rnds into the barrel!

cheers Andy

Hi Guys

IM mainly using varget but it has had some vit 150 & some aa2230 up her! :unsure:

I need to get something other then Kroil as im sure its not a great carbon remover!

I was going to try the KG product when i ran out but if i have to order from RS ill get some sooner rather then later!

cheers Andy

+1 for KG, nothing better for carbon (or copper for that matter). Out of interest, how often do you clean your barrel (i.e. every time you return from the range, every 50 rounds, when accuracy gets lost??)

best wishes,

Finman

Hi guys

It's prob has 40 -50 rnds max with out clean!

Not noticed any drop off of accuracy at Any point!

Shoots same poi cold cleaned or fouled to!

Will these products mentioned deal with a cooked on carbon ring ?

cheers Andy

Guys

anyone think the KG product will deal with a carbon ring?

if not how do you use JB paste?

thanks Andy

I don't think KG1 and a serious brushing is enough to deal with a hardened carbon ring in front of the throat. I tried serious scrubbing with KG1 and I'm a big fan. I had to use JB bore paste on a bore swab and give it some serious action. :D

Firstly I soaked the bore with KG1 (or you can use another solvent or light oil for this)

I ran the bore mop with JB on through the entire bore a few times then just scrubbed out the chamber with perhaps 10 complete passes, patched out with KG1 to clear it and repeated this until I felt no additional drag when pulling back a tight brush.

Mine was so extreme it added 150f/s to my load and was popping primers out for fun! :o

Archived