SAK MOD

Guest Sprags

Hi all, I have a SAK mod on my .17hmr and want to know if this mod can be used on my.22lr too, I know very little about mods so be patient with this one eh? ;)

You could of put a bit more effort into your reply Col :blink: Like this:

Yes Mate ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

sorry, it used to say on my report card, has the ability, but does not try hard enough.

any way here goes.

yes you certainly can Sprags, the sak.here is a bit of info on this type of moderator.

Advanced sound moderators for air weapons and for rim-fire rifles

• Colours: black or silver
  • Standard 1/2"x20 UNF thread
    (or 1/2"x28 UNEF thread - black only)
  • Easy disassembly for cleaning
  • No springs or plastic parts
  • Size: 140 mm long x 35 mm diameter
  • Weight: 160 grams
  • Corrosion-resistant, long-lasting product

RRP: £ 29.95

Recommended for .17 Hornady and .22 Winchester Rimfire Magnum rifles

Exclusively distributed in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland by Jackson Rifles

vaimentaja3b.jpg

Hope this meats your approval ;):lol::lol:

ATB

Colin :D

• 1 month later...

Just a thought on this thread.. I'm about to change the sleeve grommet thingy on my Reflex T8 so it will fit my.223 Steyr though i know it wont be a great seal cos the barrel is fluted.. Or is the sleeve just a support centering gadget? I also have a SAC mod i use on my .17HMR and .22lr.

What do you think would happen if i used my SAC on my .223?

Would it burst?

Would it moderate the crack but last only a few rounds before bursting?

Anyone tried this and lives to tell the tale???

UPDATE.... I spoke to Jackson Rifles who bring in the SAK mods..

They tried one of these on a .223.. Half a dozen rounds and it's history.. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Jacksons did put me onto another brand, front loading that will last a bit longer than 6 rounds...lol

Anyone wanna buy a T8 that's had no more than 30 rounds through it??

Streeker, it wont make any difference to the seal. The inner parts of the mod are sealed by the tube, that the bush screws into, no gas exits from the rear of the mod at all. It will work just fine on your other rifle. The delrin bush is a fail safe device, to keep the mod centrered on the barrel incase it comes unwound from the barrel thread, and the shooter doesn,t notice.

Baldie, thanks for the advice. The one thing i'm not keen on is that the T8 is a heavy beast and the last 223 i used it on had scuff marks on the barrel where the bush locked onto it.

My Steyr has a spiralled finish and i dont want it marked by the bush. Call me vane but there it is..

Jacksons bring in a unit by ASE UTRA. Steel but shorter and lighter and front mount only, i'll prob go for one of those..

All the best...

Grant..

Baldie, thanks for the advice. The one thing i'm not keen on is that the T8 is a heavy beast and the last 223 i used it on had scuff marks on the barrel where the bush locked onto it.

My Steyr has a spiralled finish and i dont want it marked by the bush. Call me vane but there it is..

Jacksons bring in a unit by ASE UTRA. Steel but shorter and lighter and front mount only, i'll prob go for one of those..

All the best...

Grant..

hi streeker59

you could ask the smith who fits your mod to put an O ring in the delrin bush an this should stop the marks

ATB

Colin ;)

Archived