Powder selection

matchking

Hi guys,I have just sent my RPA to neil mckilop to have a .22.250 1-8" krieger fitted.What powder would you recomend for 75gr a max? At the moment i use h380 in my swift and the 22.250 AI but i am only using 52gr bullets.Do think it would be suitable for the 75gr a max? I also have a tub of H414 kicking around anybody use this?

Thanks sean

Hi guys,I have just sent my RPA to neil mckilop to have a .22.250 1-8" krieger fitted.What powder would you recomend for 75gr a max? At the moment i use h380 in my swift and the 22.250 AI but i am only using 52gr bullets.Do think it would be suitable for the 75gr a max? I also have a tub of H414 kicking around anybody use this?

Thanks sean

Hi Sean

H414 is fine with 75 grn Amax - 37.5 grns gave a healthy 3310 fps with good accuracy and little pressure signs. ( start at 36 grns and work up )

A 3 shot group whilst testing H414

work362.jpg

Another good choice is IMR 4350 the powder I use.

Cheers

Alan

Thanks for the replys gents.I think i will try H414 to start just because i have a tub already.It also goes through my harrel powder measure like water.Alan what twist barrel are you using?I had the choice of a 9 twist or a 8 twist and opted for the 8 i just hope i have made the right choice.How do you find the .22.250 with 75gr bullets?I have always had 1-14" barrels in the past and gone for the light and fast approach.I just hope the 8 twist will live up to expections.

Cheers sean

Alan what twist barrel are you using? I had the choice of a 9 twist or a 8 twist and opted for the 8 i just hope i have made the right choice.

How do you find the .22.250 with 75gr bullets?.

Cheers sean

Hi Sean.

I have a 9 twist on my 22.250. But I dont think you will have any problems with an 8 twist

I have a feeling you will be more than impressed with the 75 grn A max. - Let us know how you get on.

ATB

Alan

Archived