foxes tonight

huntsman

Just in from a few hours lamping, a farmer phoned this afternoon to say that a fox had attacked a turkey in the yard yesterday but didn't manage to kill him, the farmer is a very nice guy so said I'd come asap. Meetup with a friend this pm and off we went. The full moon didn't help but my friend on the lamp is a bit of an expert and was able to guide me (the amatuer). Spotted one within 10 mins of calling which did a big circle around us , he came in to about 120 yd then he bumped into a 58gr vmax head first from the 6 ppc . Within a minute or so another (big dog fox) came flying in along the same path. He too decided to have a bit of a lie down.

We had decided to call it a night and were on the way back to the car when I suggeted that he flash the lamp over the other side of the hill three more pairs of eyes ! I got one more a vixen . The last chance was a miss couldn't get comfortable in all the cow sh_t , and he wasn't hanging around to see if I could get him with the next one. The final fox didn't present a safe shot so we left him alone.

All in all a good night, very happy farmer and I had my first successful outing with my new Zenith flashdot (thanks Pete).

Dave :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest 308Panther

Aint it such a tragedy when they meet up with a

high velocity well placed bullet??

I just hate introducin a varmint to screamin lead. :rolleyes:

Nice Shooting....

308Panther

Archived