17 Rem back

Got it back from Edgars last week with new bolt body fitted and proofed.

So refitted scope and went to get it zeroed last Thursday. The target is on its side the first two were on the edge of the paper after a couple of shots and a final tightening of mounts and a couple more shots the last three are in the bull ring and measure 0. 12" which even allowing for the small calibre is very acceptable at 100 yds lifted it three clicks after this and yesterday went to give the thiefs some grief on a newly sowed winter barley pair of fields.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo...0&password=

Furthest was 190yds pigeon which exploded in a cloud of feathers, 3 more pigeon including this neck shot one at just over the 100dys, 2 Magpies, this one at about 80yds and two carrions one on 100 yds the other about 120 as it came back to see why its mate had fallen over!

couldnt collect the others as I would have had to walk on newly sown field ( guaranteed to make you unpopular).

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo...0&password=

Load as declared before 24.5 of Varget, 25 gr hp Hornady, RP case and rem 7 1/2 primer about 4050fps over chrono.

Happy Chappy again

Redfox

Guest 308Panther

I almost dont like takin a gun into get worked on....but it all seems worth it

once ya get it back and the shoot it.

Looks like it was all worth it and its always nice to have them

back where they belong.....

In the owners hands.

I bet your one Happy Camper now.

308Panther

Yes your right Panther, I dont like taking the scope off and the Shilen match trigger etc, but it only took about an hour to put it all back and set it up again and it certainly shoots just as well as it did.

Those Crows etc are going to have a hard winter Lol.

Redfox

Your right Ian and for a lot of things it is just enough gun if you know what I mean.

Going out tonight to give Foxy a looking over and hopefully they will get unlucky.

I have been very pleased with the Shilen match trigger, easy to fit and final tuning went very well. The parts are nicely finished and it is now "like breaking a glass rod", because I'm using it in the field it is set at 2 1/4lbs but will easily go down to under 1lb if I wanted to use it on the bench.

Redfox

Archived