6.5 x 47 load data

dorg

I am looking for load data for the above calibre especially 95gn vmax, 120gn amax 142gn sierra smk and 139gn senars please also any ideas on jump. Thanks Dorg

what powders are you using?

as for jump start touching the lands then come back 20 thou and see what happens then take it from there:rolleyes:

I am looking for load data for the above calibre especially 95gn vmax, 120gn amax 142gn sierra smk and 139gn senars please also any ideas on jump. Thanks Dorg

130 berger

RL17/38 grns @2830fps primers fed match small rifle standard

130 berger

RL17/40.4 grns @3020fps primers fed match small rifle standard

3 thou of the lands

ES 9

Barrel krieger 28 inches

Forget the 139 plus heads Dorg the little case will push em but not fast enough without busting you brass about .

shoots point 1 to point 2 all day

• 4 months later...
Guest richness

What barrel is it mate? You might as well focus on people who have the same barrel as which bullets they shoot well varies alot

I have info for 123 amax and 123 scenars, plus 120 nosler BTs if that helps

FYI in my barrel (trueflite 1/8 - Steve Kershaw's reamer) the amax 123s like it 35 thou out, (probably doesn't help you re 120s but it's s start) and the scenars are best pressured 9thou into lands but don't like it any less or just touching. Then they are very nearly as good about 10thou out, and less fussy WRT throat erosion

Guest richness

I am using 39.3gr of RL15 and CCI mag primers this works behind a 95gr v max and isn't to shabby behind a 120gr amax either.

ATB SEAN

Oh yeah, that reminds me - MAG primers halved all my groups and i use nothing else now, so i'd start with them if i were you. Not everyone agrees with me on this in 6.5x47 but I found the results unequivocal in my rifle

Archived