Sako Quad 17HMR

Hi Guys

I have just upgraded my CZ 17HMR and purchased a Sako Quad 17.hmr and was wondering what other owners think of theirs ??? I have shot it in and it seems good quality and pretty accurate.

I have decked it out with a wildcat mod bushnell scope and harris bipod, it will be used mainly for lengthy rabbits.

Any comments would be appreciated

Mike....

There OK , ive just chopped a few inchs of mine , i think its around 17 inches now.i found it handy for caliber swaps with work in mind , i use the Mac 2 barrel quite a bit on factory sites (reduced noise and the Hmr can have a bit much over kill in some areas. All this said they are quite a nice rifle for the money and there are lots of after market add on bits about.

Iam makeing a program for my Lathe so i can rebarrel it , lilja make a good after market barrel a bit costly though, but they shoot lights out . so i would like to chamber and make my own but this all comes down to how much i can get hold of good barrel blanks.

Hope you enjoy your quad.

i love mine in 17 hmr flavour but it will only shoot the blue tips any thing else it spreads when i say shoot the blue tips i am talking a half inch group at a 100 yards in no wind

There OK , ive just chopped a few inchs of mine , i think its around 17 inches now.i found it handy for caliber swaps with work in mind , i use the Mac 2 barrel quite a bit on factory sites (reduced noise and the Hmr can have a bit much over kill in some areas. All this said they are quite a nice rifle for the money and there are lots of after market add on bits about.

Iam makeing a program for my Lathe so i can rebarrel it , lilja make a good after market barrel a bit costly though, but they shoot lights out . so i would like to chamber and make my own but this all comes down to how much i can get hold of good barrel blanks.

Hope you enjoy your quad.

Many thanks for the info.

Archived