Hawke Sidewinder TAC 30

CZ Varminter

Anybody heard of anything good about this scope planning on using it on my 22-250 and for the money can i go wrong!? What are your thoughts guys? The one i want has a half mil dot reticule 6-24 x 56 .25 MOA ballistic turrets.

J

CZ Varminter

I'll be a party pooper your ret is in Mils and turrets in MOA.

You work out the math......

I have never used Hawke myself so can't comment on durability or light gathering.

IMHO save for a fixed mag euro scope for lamping and strongly consider an IOR or zeiss conquest for long range.

Buy once, cry once from experience that is :wacko:

The reticule would only get used as quick aim, or holdover for wind etc, the MOA turrets are useful for elevation and using with ballistics software...or am i missing something mate? fairly new to this game so please educate.

J

Sorry I don't rate Hawke generally anyway so I wouldn't be buying one personally. A friend had a Hawke (not this one) on a 22 and after a days bunny bashing in the rain there was more water inside the scope than on the rest of the rifle. Garbage, maybe just one bad example but I would suggest adhering to scotch eggs advice and buy wisely.

I wouldn't bother with that Hawke either, or any of the deben scopes, not when you can get a Nikon for about the same money but granted with less bells and whistles.

I've had a Monarch for 7yr now on a hmr and it's light gathering is right up there with the top European glass.

Funny that I have bought it, and i tell you what its fantastic. The turrets are wearing in nicely and they have been extremely accurate to date with my Shooter ballistics calc on Android phone. Shooting tin cans out at 414yrds, clear picture all the way through the zoom ranges. side adjustment parralax is smooth and the reticle is awesome. I have to admit i am very impressed for the price and not only that, i am apparently the only customer in the country who had one (...first one) when i bought it! if i get chance i will post some pics online if need be guys follow link to my video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LtJAWS?feature=mhee#p/a/u/2/M-6Ipwh5QXY

Hope it works.

CZ Varminter

J

Archived