Swaroski 2-15 x 44 Scope

eddieb

Anybody have on of the Swaro Z6 2-15x44 Scopes.

I am swithering between this and a Z6 2-12x50 to put om my 30.06 for general deer work and hopefully a trip on plains game in Africa.

Would appreciate views

Cheers

May I add if you are going to Africa the least weight you carry the more you are going to enjoy your shooting no matter how young or strong you are . Just a few cents from somebody who has done it many time before - the wrong way !

No zoom no knobs nothing to go wrong you will not be shooting in the dark at all no batteries and no illuminated reticles

just you against the beast and your rifle

I would choose a 7 x 50 and that's it

and save the money for a rainy day or for trophy if you are offered something fasntastic once your are there ....

Anybody have on of the Swaro Z6 2-15x44 Scopes.

I am swithering between this and a Z6 2-12x50 to put om my 30.06 for general deer work and hopefully a trip on plains game in Africa.

Would appreciate views

Cheers

I have a 2-12x50 ill on my deer rifle, personally I find them to be a very good scope for stalking, fixed parallax, easy operation, simple day and night settings for illumination and best of all a fantastic field of view.

If your mainly going to use it for stalking in the uk then go for it, i'm sure you can put up a little extra weight for a week or so.

As an example; z6i 2-12x50 is 560 grams and a zeiss 7x50 is 460 grams!!

ATB

Moses

London Hunter

My rifle has already been sorted out to be quite light and while i agree to a certain extent, a good scope will not be a problem mechanically, There is not a great weight difference and the advantage of a bit more mag might be helpful.

I really would like someone who owns the 2 to 15 model to give an opinion on the scope.

And i do appreciate your comments from your experience.

Cheers

i have the 2x15x44 swaro on my stalking rifle, not heavy and absolutly superb optics i would recomend it everyday of the week and twice on sunday, i live on a farm just off J9 of the M1 you are welcome to come take a look if you are passing anytime

Archived