My rebarrel job

Hi all i have just picked up last friday & due to my camera being broken i havent taken many pic's of the rifle. Its my old remmy 22.250 rebarreld with a trueflite contour 5 in 1-12 twist finished to 21" as it will be a truck gun. I got the new jets z cqbs mod for it & got the IOR 6x24x50 off gunery off the site for a scope to help me try plink at range. I got the action worked a weee bit & devcon bedded & i already had the jewell trigger. Only just started to break in & i only had 50g noslers to load up for it but now got 55g v-max & 52g a-max to try & some new lapua cases. Im getting it to shoot .250" already out of some sako once fired FL-sized brass from another rifle so its looking very impressive so far.

DSC06919.jpg

DSC06920.jpg

Looking good, I must say the cqbs mod looks great on that rifle. Just the right size.

Who did the work?

OMG i cant beleave i forgot to say who did the work sorry. IT was done by Grant Taylor & im very lucky in a way as my brother works with grant in the oil industry & i was introduced to him as i needed my rifle rebarreld & grant was starting to start rifle work & needing rifles to do. Grant lives 30min from me & a great guy with very good work as i have slight engineering skills & know a little on machining etc & he has done a cracking job. I struggled to get my last rifle to group come end & wonderd if it was me but no with this rebarrel i can shoot 5p bit groups. I did fancy a 22br but my police area is a joke so stuck with the 22.250 & i know its not like some of the fancy rifle that some have on here its just another remmy semi custom but im dead impressed with it & how it performs with 50g noslers in a 1-12 twist role on the 55g-60g stuffin the lapua cases i have.

and what a nice guy he is too.....he didnt christen it once he had a zero..... :unsure:

nope!!!!! he took his woman out and SHE grassed a nice buck with it......

glad to hear your getting on with it too tho v-max :blush:

sauer

How do you rate the IOR scope as I have heard that they are good so any feed back would be helpfull as I am thinking of getting one and selling my NXS Nightforce.

Tony.

nice looking rifle Barry scope good then if you are punching holes in a 5p then on the new ior that are coming from the factory they have inproved i beleive on the illuminated ret not as bright so i am told

How do you rate the IOR scope as I have heard that they are good so any feed back would be helpfull as I am thinking of getting one and selling my NXS Nightforce.

Tony.

Hi Tony i rate it highly optically not played with dials etc yet.The nightforce may not be best opticaly but very accurate dialling & very robust so alot to take into acount. As sauer said last saturday night after breaking in barrel & zeroing i took the missus out & she shot a nice clean 6 pointer buck at 9.20pm with my new toy.

IOR glass is second to none. I own 2 IOR's now, the only issue for me is when illuminating the ret it can be a bit over powering when under the lamp

If only it was just the centre dot that illumintated.

Hi how do you find yours for taking knocks etc do you find them robust???.

Yeh really good opticaly i can see the target at 91m so well but i havent had a chance to play at range with the dials yet. What i have noticed so far is the slightest knock & it goes off zero which i think may not be normal so im thinking of sending it into border barrels. Cant under stand how it can group so well then go off as you would of thought it would bounce about when under fire see when i get out more to play a bit. Cheers for replies all.

Barry

nice looking rifle Barry scope good then if you are punching holes in a 5p then on the new ior that are coming from the factory they have inproved i beleive on the illuminated ret not as bright so i am told

Archived