range finder

gunnery

as any of you lads and girls bought the new leica 1600 range finder and tried it at max distances i would like to know your results as i have had trouble with mine thanks

Max range of any laser range finder is affected by conditions and how reflective the target is. You'd need to be a little more specific about conditions and target to judge if it's normal.

it will range all day more or less 1st ping up to 1000yrds after that 1000yrds to max 1500yrds in good clear conditions hit and miss as you know you have got to be very steady i used a back bag trying to range side of a barn house dark colours white coluors but it is not consistantly giving a reading just wondered if members with leica 1600 or be intrested to know if members with swavorski range finders have this truoble or is it just me thanks

Sounds similar to the swarovski that I have. 1999yds if clear and dull conditions but in very bright sunlight, hazy/ mirage and a less than ideal reflector you can easily halve that.

Hi mate have you ever really tried it for consistance readings past 1000yrds intrested to know because i am seriously thinking of getting my money back and getting the swar

These sound no better than my old style leica (with the switch in the back for metres or yards).

I can reliably range to 1000 but in the past tested it on a barn at 1300 ish, can't remember exactly.

Not saying the 1200 is as good as the new 1600 but certainly sounds like a very small gain for the cost. Happy to stick with my old unit.

As others have said in your judgement on this be very aware of atmospheric conditions and the reflectivity and angle of the target.

Hi mate have you ever really tried it for consistance readings past 1000yrds intrested to know because i am seriously thinking of getting my money back and getting the swar

Yea plenty of times,

I use mine at all times of the day with no problems yet.

Why you so worried about 1000 plus yards do you shoot 1000 plus yards?

If your not happy and they've offered you a refund tame it.

You should of got the swaro lol

the only reason is the price you pay £680 for the new 1600 all singing all dancing your led to beleive the 1200 is about £500 and looking as though it is just as good i agree once i have got my head round the cost side and accept it is only consistant to 1000 -1200 yrds when hunting it is more than good enough but i have now ordered the swaro

I have the new Bushnell Fushion RF Binos and have to say I was impressed when I used them at the UKV WMS Comp the other weekend. Even in the foggy conditions I was getting reliable readings.

Furthest reading off a tree I have got is just over 1500 yds. Haven't tried them any further than that yet.

Archived