LEUPOLD MK 4

gazzar15

I was wondering if anybody could help me, I have a leupold mk 4 8.5-25 LRT with a mil-dot reticle .At what magnification is the reticle true ie the values of the mil-dot?????

Many Thanks

Gary

From memory i believe that they are set from maximum magnification unless staed in the paperwork, but have a look through the little book that comes with the scope, if you don't have it, i think you can download it from the leupold website.

atb matt

I dont know if this helps or hinders...

Please note that your Mil. Dot reticle was calibrated to be used at one magnification. If your scope is a 3.5-10 the correct magnification is 10x. On the 4.5-14 use 14x. On the 6.5-20 use 10x, or double the distance determined on 20x. The use of any other magnification will yield inaccurate results. Height of target (yards) X 1,000/Height of target (mils) =Range (yards)

MArk

If the reticle is installed in the second focal plane of an optic, it is calibrated to

a specific magnification for range estimating purposes. In a variable-magnification

scope, this is generally the highest magnification setting and all range

estimating must be performed at this setting. However, in certain scopes it may

be calibrated for a different setting. If you are uncertain as to what setting

your scope is calibrated, contact Leupold Technical Service at 1-800-Leupold

(1-800-538-7653).

http://www2.leupold.com/resources/downloads/2011_Tactical%20Milling%20Reticle%20Manual.pdf

Perhaps more helpful

Mark

Find a gatepost or similar and mark it with 8 ( white sticky labels work well) vertically spaced at 3.6 inches this equates to 1mil spacing at 100 yds. Move back 100 yds and adjust the mag on your scope untill the mildots align perfectly with your sticky labels.

This is a bit of a mix up of metric and imperial but it will work

Rup

It should state it in the manual but if it is the same as my Mk4 which is the 6.5-20 then it is the highest mag setting so in your case it will be 25x.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anybody could help me, I have a leupold mk 4 8.5-25 LRT with a mil-dot reticle .At what magnification is the reticle true ie the values of the mil-dot?????

Many Thanks

Gary

1 mil = 100mm@100m 200mm@200m and so on , with that info you should be able to mark something and then look at it through the scope whilst dialing the mag and that would easily tell you what mag your scope can mil at?

Archived