New .22 - Anschutz 1417

The new toy has arrived - test target shows 0.5 MOA

Will be testing fully soon with Eley Tenex and Eley Subsonic.

Anshutz.jpg

Kind Regards

Rob

me and my old man got one. cracking little rifle,very accurate with eley subs, great trigger and smooth bolt.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one too (not a thumbhole stock unfortunately). Great choice. Very accurate with eley subs and match, never tried tenex would be interested in your results. If I had to pick a fault it would be the bolt sometimes lifts and when you go to take a shot the handle snaps down and the round doesn't fire. Just in the habbit of checking before a shot now.

I have one in HMR, I find the bolt/action a bit noisy and agricultural, listen to how many clicks and bumps there are as you cycle the bolt! As said above there is no positive lock to keep the bolt handle down, so it very easily gets lifted out of position, especially if you carry it with a sling, the result being just a click when you pull the trigger.

The magazines on the .17 dont feed very well as they are WMR mags and need the follower bent a bit straighter for HMR.

The barrel on mine corroded and pitted quite easily with mild abuse :rolleyes: and is now replaced with a stainless walther one.

Other than that it's a lovely light, accurate, rifle with a good trigger, though come to think of it I specified a non standard 2 stage trigger when I bought mine, so the only original spec Anschutz part is the action, which I dont like! :lol:

I have one in HMR, I find the bolt/action a bit noisy and agricultural, listen to how many clicks and bumps there are as you cycle the bolt! As said above there is no positive lock to keep the bolt handle down, so it very easily gets lifted out of position, especially if you carry it with a sling, the result being just a click when you pull the trigger.

The magazines on the .17 dont feed very well as they are WMR mags and need the follower bent a bit straighter for HMR.

The barrel on mine corroded and pitted quite easily with mild abuse :rolleyes: and is now replaced with a stainless walther one.

Other than that it's a lovely light, accurate, rifle with a good trigger, though come to think of it I specified a non standard 2 stage trigger when I bought mine, so the only original spec Anschutz part is the action, which I dont like! :lol:

have you got one of the 10 shot mags for the hmr annie

was that the left hander that was on guntrader private sale?

i looked at it and seriously thought bout it but then went and "carbined" my cz instead :rolleyes:

thats one nice rimmy!!!!

enjoy

sauer

Archived