Sierra Match King's

Scotch_egg

I've never used sierra MK in 6mm, but personally, I've never had great results with the .30 calibre offerings I have tried. Not much good for varmints either they'll not expand anything like an amax.

Try Berger 105 VLD's the thin jacket version good BC and expand just fine.

The Sierra matchking is a very accurate bullet but does not expand well.

Going onto your .308 the 168 bullet is not a great choice for long range.

Do a search on 6 BR for details.

You are better going either side of it for performance out to 1000 yards. The 155 Palma or 175 SMK being good choices.

Cheers

Dave

I will look into the Bergers Dave. Thanks for the heads up.

As for the .308, I was after the new palma 155gr but can't find any in stock. I googled the 168gr and found some good results on snipers hide. Looks like more research required.

I am tempted to start my own bullet making company, if only I knew where to start lol

I use the 107SMKs, surprisingly my 6 br seems to slightly prefer them over the 105 Scenars. I measured the groups I shot today on quick target and there's not much in it, Scenars need tweaking though, even out to 746 meters the SMKs shot well. Good job as I have 500 left. Would like to use the scenars but the rifle seems to prefers the SMKs. Also shoots the 105 Amax well but SMKs are more accurate. Seating 15thou into the lands.

Bottom Group 107 SMKs 4 shots, 1 shot oily barrel(didn't patch out, bad drills)

Middle group 105 Scenars, pulled one shot.

Top group 105 Scenars again, more vertical, my position maybe?

Untitled.jpg

Archived