Kowa reticle eye pieces

Looks like Kowa is looking at making a mil reticle eyepiece for their spotters , it will probably be a fixed 30x LER jobbie , go over to the Hide to see details etc .

Just a heads up , for those shooters that are after a Spotter w/reticle

Looks like Kowa is looking at making a mil reticle eyepiece for their spotters , it will probably be a fixed 30x LER jobbie , go over to the Hide to see details etc .

Just a heads up , for those shooters that are after a Spotter w/reticle

Chris; just read this: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2326681&page=11 ..looks more like a dreamy "wouldn't it be nice if..." piece by people unconnected with Kowa; is there something more concrete?

[interesting to read the Horus owner 'attitude' stuff though! :o ]

Actually , I was reading Scotts ( Libery optics ) Blog on the Shot Show 2011 , and he said he was approached by Kowa about them making a reticle eye piece , and after that I posted that on the hide .

Shooters have been after Kowa to make this for a long while , and they where not interested before , this approach is from THEM , and not the shooters , so it maybe a bit more than a pipe dream ?

There are a couple of threads on the hide , seems they are interested in making 2x , one for the 66mm down , & one for the 77mm up Spotters .

I said I would be happy IF Zeiss would just re-make the FinnArmy eye piece , I would also like that or similar reticle in the new field spotter & the Spotter 60 as well , to have some thing thats as great as the Spotter 60 , almost crippled by full mildots , instead of hashmarks , ( .5 & finer ) is just crazy .

It does give more options to those who want good glass & a reticle .

The MK4 Leupold spotter , is a handy size & has a reticle with hashmarks & 1/2 mil etc , BUT it has average glass , and thats the problem .

Most shooters , want good glass & reticle , thats where the problem , is , as most makers donot do this , they either make a reticle or good glass , BUT not both together .

cheers Chris

Archived