i no i keep rabbiting on a bit about range finders but i am trying to get it right best i can for sensible money any one out there tryed the leica crf 1600 need to know what you think also the swarvoski 8x30 fancy this one but read the focus ring is a bit big which causes miss reading ? any comments will help thanks Barry.ps i promise to buy one or the other shortly

Got the swaro myself, it's used pretty much every week for long range varminting. Personally not had a problem getting reliable readings with the large circle even out to silly ranges just put the 'rangee' in the centre of the ring , I prefer it to the leica aim mark as you don't lose it on a bright day and it doesn't disappear when you press the button to range something. Another plus is the little bit of extra magnification.

Gunnery,

I have the Swarovski range finder and find it excellent. I've used Ziess and Lieca ones also and to my mind they all perform well. Mine works well and you can swap it between yds and meters and it ranges to distances far beyond my capability. I would have another without hesitation and I use them alongside A pair of Ziess bgat binos. For me the only thing i'd do different would be to buy a set of bino's with a rangefinder built - probably Lieca ones. If you want to try before you buy you're welcome to try mine.

Where abouts in the country are you, is there no one near you who has a pair you can have a proper look through

The leica 1600 are a newer model to the previous 1200 I think and aren't they HD lenses aswell, whatever difference that makes.

If your stuck your more than welcome to try mine or if you pay insured postage I'll send you mine to try

Atb Richard

thanks for your offer snowz iam based in wigan lancashire lads on here are magic mjr as just made the same offer as yourselve very kind of both of you but i will make decision shortly and buy swaro or leica 1600 proberly one day this week but thanks for offer both of you.

Archived