.25-06 powder advice query

sauer

aye aye folks

quick one for those in the know, im on the hunt for advice please

im currently using vhit N160 in my .25-06 and have not used any other powder basically since i started as im gettin reasonable results

but as experience from others has shown that gettin yer hands on what you want lately is no easy......

my usual supplier has a no bad supply of varget and im wondering if any others use it in .25-06 and whats yer results????

im using from 85grn bullet to a 100grn bullet ....no higher

and im led to beleive its a bit more efficient as you use less of it? ....maybe a consideration with the way prices are going ???? ( yes im scottish )

another bit angling me towards it is my other rifle is .22-250 and i hear good reports for it also.

what you think guys? too fast a burning powder for my bullet range and caliber or a good choice??

thanks again

sauer

:blink:

no body else use varget or can advise on its uses / suitability for what i was asking?

sauer / paul

fit like paul

i either use imr 4831 or rl 17

imr was a sweet load of 50.5 grn under a nos 100 grn bt shot sub i/4 `` and was doing 2775 fps

rl 17 was about 49 grn under the 100 grn nos bt and was cronographed at over 300 fps in a simalar rifle but was rummered to be hard on the barrell so i went back to the imr

a friends was using varget under a 75 v max 50.7 grn i think with good results

hope this is of help to you

Paul

I no longer have my 25-06.

Sadly missed, but another rifle now serves just as well.

However, I used either Vit 160 or H4831SC

53g under a 100g bulet = 3200 fps and lightning strike effect on everything it touched.

I think I used RL 22 as well with 117grainers, but would have to dig out the data.

My view would be stick with Vit 160 personally.

Archived