Oh dear, NO Deer.

Went out tonight to try to get a Roebuck for her Ladyship at the Big House.

Arrived at the forest at about 6pm and went to a high-seat which had not been occupied since Ratwhiskers sat up it in Spring when he had a Doe and two youngsters at the base of the seat and no camera.

Saw immediately this was a bad choice as leafy branches obscured most of the view in both directions and that serious pruning is needed.

Decided to sit and make the best of a bad job.

At 6-50 pm nothing had appeared other than numerous pheasants to a feeder 80 yards up the ride to my right.

Suddenly a Fox with a white tail end slipped across the ride to my left before I could get the rifle on it.

I waited a minute or so and then gave three screeches with the Buttalo Roe call. I thought I saw a glimpse of the white tail of Foxy pass my front in the thicket and again gave three screeches.

Again waiting a while I thought it might come on to the ride near the pheasant feeder so I sat on the very top of the high-seat waiting for an off-hand shot.

Suddenly part of it appeared about 30 yards away looking my way and a gentle tweak of the Carl Gustaf trigger took it into custody. [it was a large Vixen.]

Load used .270 cal. with 130gr Speer SPBT bullet, 52gr Vit N160, Rem. 9.5 std. Primer.Wolfgang1998.003.jpg

Guest 308Panther

Hi Stag...

.270 130 gr did a number on that one...

Nothin like the right tool for the job.

Very impressive exit wound.

308Panther

Guest 308Panther
Hi Guys.

I have gone on to Killer-Mode ready for next week in Ireland.

I might even get nasty over there and zap a Sika Stag !!!

HWH.

Good Luck to ya,Stag

308Panther

Stag.

When l called round the other night and saw the rifle out l thought you'd added my name to the vermin list, it was a nice surprise to see it had already drawn bloody for the evening.

Ratty.

Archived