Reflex mods?Thinking of a t4 ar.

How does everyone still rate reflex mods? I know there are alot of newer ones on the market but to be honest at the minute with all other things I have seen I am not willing to lay down £300 on a mod. I have been using a shortened PES muzzle can and its not bad but I heard a .223 at the range recnetly with a T4 AR and it was quite a bit more quiet than mine. They are not bad money at £200 and seem still well liked its either a reflex or another pes, I want to go with an over barrel this time to keep things a bit shorter and I am flat out not buying an Atec no matter what I am told. Also on my rifle there is a metric thread 17mm can the reflex mods be got in this?

I have the T8 and i am very happy with it, here is some info :

The usual reflex suppressor muzzle thread and spigot detail is a 15x1 mm (or 17x1 or 14x1) metric thread with a long cylindrical "spigot" (F) and a relief cut (G) between the thread (H) and the shoulder (E) - see drawing below. The purpose of the muzzle spigot (F) is to ensure precise alignment in conjunction with the close-fitting barrel bush at the rear of the suppressor.

Well i am also happy with the T4 AR on my new 223 originaly had T8 but the shorter version made the rifle feel more ballanced ,maybe some can afford more expensive moderators,

Quite agree T8,sT4,s etc are disposable moderators and when mine are worn out after about 8 to 10k on the calibres I use , I dispose of them back to Jacksons who give me a new one for £120 quid!! not bad in my book and will be sticking with them at least for the forseeable future.No silly variation performance either!.

I read posts on here about all sorts of mods old and new and all seem to have the good,bad and ugly about them but I will say this about the T8,sT4,s that I have had experience of and that is over of the tens and hundreds of fittings over nearly 7 years now I have never had a problem with maintaining a zero and this is a key consideration in my book and not a CRAP factor even when considering the initial cost.Yeah! they are ALL too expensive we know that.

Oh by the way don,t add to the running costs like I did recently and dry your moddy out in an oven at 150 degrees that was also intended for heating up my steak and kidney pie and then forgetting about it as the rear bushing dont like it!!!!!!!!!cheers onehole.

They are crap, if they were £50 that would be their value.

To describe them as crap is a comment I`d have expected from the recently banned Harry not a recently registered newbie ;)

The Reflex were the first readily available over barrel mod in this country which most people found an acceptable price to pay (sub £200) A small price to pay to protect your hearing ;)

Yes they are expensive for what goes into them but are still the most cost effective over barrel mod on the market today and are still the benchmark that all the other manufacturers compare to.

The new breed of strippable mods cost a third more and the only other over barrel mod (PES) although bombproof is long/heavy and is more expensive.

Some people don`t want the muzzle cans like the Utra or Jetz because it makes the weapon long and front heavy

Each to their own but I think you`ll find that the Reflex still outsells all the other makes put together because its the best overall compromise that the majority of shooters are happy with

Craigboy

Sorry -To answer your original post you won`t go far wrong with the T8-AR on your .223.I`ve still got one on a Sako despite all the other mods in my stable ;)

They are available in 17x1 as well

I have myself been using the T8 and have fired over 3000 rounds through mine ( 1800 rounds in the 243 ackley and now over 1400 rounds in me 6.5-284 ) ..

Also using one on my 6ppc now and must say so far , I am very happy with them!!!

Oh yes just saying " crap " and not explaining why seems a bit impersonal to me!!

Shame really - would of been interesting to see how you came to this conclusion!!

All the very best...................

RAY..........................................

Out of the mods i have owned the reflex ones( t8 and t4 ) have given me the least hassle,some of them are around 6 years old and are still going strong with thousands of rounds down them.If i was to buy a mod at the moment it would be a reflex,i am going to buy one of the new Stealth mods though to see how it fares which should be well from what i have heard so far.

Ray, the short story is I have had 3 in 4 years,the first one lasted 2 and 1/2 years then blew a hole, the second lasted less than 100 rounds before a weld "split" and the third died in 9 months a "large" piece of baffle was rattleing around inside of it!!! When I cut it open the second and third baffles were severly Fu***d.

That is why I have no live for T8/T4 mods.

That is very unlucky for you to have so many in a short space of time, but i have to ask the question, did you look after them at all, because the number of people on here(and other forums) still have there original REFLEX and they are still going strong ;)

Archived