Nice Vixen

MAG1

Hi all

Just got back in from one of my shoot's.Put two pheasants out one in each paddock settled in about 100yrds away behind the fence and waited.

20 mins goes by and we spot charlie walking up the main path between the paddocks wrong side of the fence just going about its routine. no shot as horses behind.It walks off out the top end of the site and away,A bit more time goes by and we spot another two at the top end going in diffferant directions one comes back down the path cuts into the field and heads for the bait walking quite fast couldn't stop it so no shot and it went straight past the bait.

Kicked myself for not taking the shot but better safe than sorry.Half an hour goes by and nothing so dicided to have a squeek and i must say it sounded pants and my mrs started laughing saying you wont get any with that !!. Ten mins later bingo big pair of eyes coming right at us came through the fence and just sat there looking at us 100 yrds away.Safty off one dead vixen.Christened my new rifle aswell happy days..

mark....

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/legend1968/12122010050.jpg

:unsure:

Hi all

Just got back in from one of my shoot's.Put two pheasants out one in each paddock settled in about 100yrds away behind the fence and waited.

20 mins goes by and we spot charlie walking up the main path between the paddocks wrong side of the fence just going about its routine. no shot as horses behind.It walks off out the top end of the site and away,A bit more time goes by and we spot another two at the top end going in diffferant directions one comes back down the path cuts into the field and heads for the bait walking quite fast couldn't stop it so no shot and it went straight past the bait.

Kicked myself for not taking the shot but better safe than sorry.Half an hour goes by and nothing so dicided to have a squeek and i must say it sounded pants and my mrs started laughing saying you wont get any with that !!. Ten mins later bingo big pair of eyes coming right at us came through the fence and just sat there looking at us 100 yrds away.Safty off one dead vixen.Christened my new rifle aswell happy days..

Nice one fella, well done.. What is your new set up, make, cal,etc

Cheers fella and well done again ;)

Steve

mark....

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/legend1968/12122010050.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

try this if you like, sometimes works, more so in the maiting season.

Leave vicky in a nice shootable place and wait for the horny dog foxes to come along and add them to the pile probably works if you shoot a dog fox too at this time off year. aslong as its not going to upset people leaving dead foxes as bait, if so try and gat as much sent on the ground as possible, i'm guessing it works best with pee.

atb matt

Archived