Chamber Brush

Guest rogern

I need to get a chamber brush for a .308

I have never cleaned the chamber before, other than by accident, my 308 has a light film of rust in the chamber so its time I started to clean properly.

Advice please on what type you chaps use, does it fit on the regular cleaning rod or is it a different setup.

Thanks

I need to get a chamber brush for a .308

I have never cleaned the chamber before, other than by accident, my 308 has a light film of rust in the chamber so its time I started to clean properly.

Advice please on what type you chaps use, does it fit on the regular cleaning rod or is it a different setup.

Thanks

Hi,

Sinclair do a very good chamber cleaning kit which includes the rods or alternatively you can use a .410 shotgun wool mop to clean the chamber.

Roger,

Get yourself a .45 cal bronze brush and a non rotating pistol type rod, the kind for cleaning revolver chambers.

Coat the brush sparingly with a light oil or Kroil, jam it into the chamber and rotate in one direction untill the rust has been removed.

Follow this with a mop soaked in solvent and then clean out the chamber with kitchen towel tightly wrapped round a jag untill the chamber is clean.

A light coating of oil in the chamber is a good idea when storing the rifle but make sure it is removed before the rifle is used again.

Ian.

I just use an old cleaning rod and jag, I modified the rod so it doesnt spin and cut it down, cut a big patch out of a clean rag wrap it around the jag until its bigger than the chamber and put it in and spin it around, I clean my chamber everytime I use the rifle its a good job as it doesnt allow anything to build up.

Archived