The Warrener

kip270

The trouble is the guys a bit of a w***r in real life.

He lives only a few miles from me and regularly goes to farmers and offers his services free in return for exclusive rights (including stalking) to the ground; saying that he can't do his job if he gets interrupted by other shooters. The farmers of course see his advertising on his cammo truck and go for it, kicking off all the locals who have shot the land for generations. Then he takes paying clients out onto the land and shoots all the deer and spends nearly all his time setting up shots for his video. After a few months the farmers grow wise and tell him to p*ss off. As a result it causes the farmers a lot of pain because they have upset their regulars and haven't actually had anything much shot (except the deer).

The other problem is he doesn't know much about safe gun handling and how to demonstrate it to the public (as is evident on the BBC link - waving the rifle at the camera man etc!). Plus he is not that knowledgeable about firearms overall and is not the best shot around either. But of course I must be wrong considering hes got a video camera and can make lots of videos............While it may not be what people want to hear it's the truth.

Guest wireviz

[He just put on video what others have been doing in silence for years .But while he shows the calling techniques etc his safety is defo in question at times.

I tell you what, I dont care for the guy much, abit abrasive for me, but that will do nothing but good for our sport, especially since they were freerange chickens which seem to be in very high demand now more than ever, he showed the townies what we all know.

The mans a jerk, he arranged with a keeper to come over with his dogs and sort out a fox problem so myself and a few other good men with a gun were asked to help out, I drove 76 miles and the football didn't even have the decency to phone to say he couldn't make it we were all hanging around waiting for this guy who reconds he will have the culprit within an hour, I spent longer on the road for no reason, tosser.

The mans a jerk, he arranged with a keeper to come over with his dogs and sort out a fox problem so myself and a few other good men with a gun were asked to help out, I drove 76 miles and the football didn't even have the decency to phone to say he couldn't make it we were all hanging around waiting for this guy who reconds he will have the culprit within an hour, I spent longer on the road for no reason, tosser.

here nige did you know that their are a few anograms for "the warrener" here are just a few!

rear rare

err ran we

rarer new, i have always been dubious of people with names like "the warrener"

I tell you what, I dont care for the guy much, abit abrasive for me, but that will do nothing but good for our sport, especially since they were freerange chickens which seem to be in very high demand now more than ever, he showed the townies what we all know.

+1

I don't like him much either, all bluster, but I was happy to see they showed pretty much all of what a lot of us have been saying for years.

IMHO it is excellent publicity for our sport and shows us shooters in a good light. Credit where credit is due. there was not even any comment on a fox feeding cubs this time of year. All in all it is what I think known in that part of the country as a 'Proper job'. Well done to all.

I have looked at a couple of his videos, he certainly seems to be able to call them in ok. I suppose his misses are on the editing room floor!.

A

I don't know the guy but hear what you more knowledgable guys are saying.

However I think he put forward a good bit of publicity to the townies and people who have an opinion but don't know the real truths of the matter.

Good PR for us shooters for a change not the usual slagging off.

Whatever you think of the film clip, it certainly has put in the minds of townies exactly what Mr cuddly fox is all about.

Cheers

Dave

For 35 kills the day before you would expect more than a few loose feathers about in that long grass, none the less it is good publicity.

Talk about a lucky chicken, talk of the roost that night !.

A

For those of you who have the latest video from the Warrener (A Season with the Warrener Vol 2) it looks as though that same incident is in the May section. However, the video sequence is slightly different from the TV News and that chicken doesn't get off, it gets its neck stretched. On the video there is no mention or sign of a TV News team.

I would agree that the gun handling is not satisfactory and I would have thought that, since it takes time to set these things up, the rifle could have been set aside for that bit of filming.

With reference to the lack of blood, you may notice that the chicken, altho' in the jaws of the fox, has no sign of blood, so maybe the fox killed all the others by a single bite as it would have probably done with that one if a bullet had not intervened? That might account for the lack of blood. I dunno.

Having now viewed both sequences, video and TV, I think they look to be the same but one or both have been edited, possibly to convey different messages.

I entirely agree that it was right to use that sequence on TV News to show the public exactly what goes on in the countryside - life, death and reality, stripped of the sanitisation and anthropomorphism portrayed by the likes of Oddie the Obnoxious and Simon King (can't stand him, either), to name but two.

Oddie's an arse, but i could make a right pig of meself with kate Humble :lol:

Great backstop for that shot wasn,t it?.....a hedge. :lol:

I THINK ITS A GREAT VIDEO CLIP AS IT SHOWS THE MUCH LOVED FOX TAKING A CHICKING ..LET THE ANTIS SAY FOXS DONT TAKE CHICKINGS NOW ..MIND YOU THEY WILL SAY ITS ONLY THE ONE ..YEH MAYBE BUT ITS OK AS LONG AS IT DONT BELONG TO THEM ..ME I LOVE FOXS ,ID LIKE TO SEE MORE OF THEM ..IN MY SCOPE :D

Archived