Custom stock for Steyr Mannlicher made by Enda Walsh

Guest 6.5 X 55

Guest 6.5 X 55

Hi all, after much deliberation and looking through various stock designs I decided to take the plunge and have a new stock custom made for my Steyr Mannlicher pro Hunter. There are a few stock makers out there but I was put in touch with Enda Walsh from Custom Stocks Ireland. Following many emails and a few telephone conversations Enda managed to get out of me exactly what I wanted in design and needed for practicality of both stalking and long range work. Enda is even sending over a plaster cast kit for me to grip so that he can cut in my exact grip in front of the thumbhole. Part of the work he does on the stock is cut on a machine but the majority is hand produced and he can work with whatever wood type you are interested in.

All I can say is I’m blown away by his attention to detail and the consideration for my needs as a customer. Interestingly Enda has been featured in this month’s Shooting Sports magazine (Pages 92 and 93). I have added some pictures of his work and the web site link. If you are looking into having a new stock custom made then its definitely worth contacting Enda. As soon as I have the stock here Ill load some pictures up for you and let you know how it shoots

Website link here:

http://www.gunstocksireland.com/

post-10775-0-33152300-1328654277_thumb.jpg

post-10775-0-14298900-1328654291_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 6.5 X 55

Not far away now...Decided to have the adjustable cheek piece added to the stock...While the bonnets up and all that. Had fun making the plaster cast of my grip this week. He basically sends out a kit with a wooden jig representing the grip and adjusts a point for your finger to sit 9as if on the trigger). You cover your hand in the plaster of Paris bandage and then grip it tight ensuring a good indent of your fingers and thumb. Sent it back...he can now cut this into the thumbhole to make it a spot on fit to your hand. He sends a DVD for you to watch first which was very useful.

Archived