Remington MSR (ME24)

Ronin

No real surprise that the US Army have opted for Remington to build the "new" issue sniper rifle - the MSR or ME24 an evolution of the existing M24 based on the Rem 700.

What is surprising is the calibre choice - 300 Win Mag.

I would have expected to see a step towards 338 LM, but with sone "issues" over the stock 700 bolt faces suitability to handle the 338 case head, this seems to be a money saving decision (saving on a more suitable system - AI or other alternative)

Not sure on the scope of choice either - Leup 6.5-20x50 - the press release and interactive Rem site shows a S&B 3-12 PM11 - which again would a better option - again cost saving....

Anyway - heres the lin to the info, its interesting, if only as a "current event":

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/

Ronin

I am sure that is not the PMii on the press release it looks like a leupold MK4 the new type. Schmidt PMii's dont have an illuminated reticule adjustment on the eye peice, do they? Although I would have to agree the S&B would be better. Interesting that they have gone for that calibre, I am sure there is some reason, it wasnt developed by the Europeans lol.

Allied

I was meaning the Remington Intereactive site - have a look on the link to the Rem mil site within the 6mm BR site page.

Archived