Camo paint job

Guest varmartin

Guest varmartin

I thought i would have a go at painting my Rem 700 VLS as i did not like the colour of the "Orange stick" as a certain member on here keeps reminding me :lol:

With the help on Mr Silentsoles*** we prepped the stock and barrel and set about painting it up( or ballsing it up):lol:

We used grey primer for the base coat, and brown and hunter green for the stock. then a lighter green for the barrel with the same brown.

Whilst i was at it i also extented the pistol grip by 15mm to give a more verticle hold. I used two part epoxy resin and when set sanded to shape.

It took about 2 hours to complete and will now stands in my gun cabinet for a couple of weeks for the paint to cure.

Im sure you guys will tell me your thoughts good or bad !!

Martin

resizewizard1wc0.jpg

Looks ok,

but having attempted to paint my own, I know that a proffesional job looks even better, although a painted rifle still looks like a painted rifle if were talking "proper camoflague"and a wrap of burlap, jute and natural background is better if we want to conceal ourselves.

Would probably look a whole heap better if the bipod and scope were done as well, if I were to be critical, which i'm not.

Guest varmartin

Ian,

your right mate, tis a bit glossy even though Mat and Satin paint was used. I will flatten it a bit when the paint has gone off.

Andy...sorry mate could not bring my self to paint the scope ....too scared :o:)

The paint will probably fall off first time i use it ,then i can order a nice Wild Dog Tactical :D :D

Thanks for all the comments lads.

Martin

Looking good buddy :D :D

Never bloody mentioned i was tending the braai ( barbecue ) while you boys was busy doing the paint job!!! :):D

Mighty fine those bunnie saddles in that barbecue sauces you recommended mate :D:o

All the best..............

RAY................... :D :D

Guest 308Panther

First time is the hardest for doing anything.

Looks good...

I can see why ya didnt paint the scope....

Your gonna need something to identify your rifle by when out

in the deeper grass.....So dont drop that one or walk too far away from it.

Ya just might not find it so easily.

308Panther

Archived