RS20 with cast bullets

Catch-22

I've  got a .44mag and shoot 240g cast bullets, just pi$$ing about on reactive targets out to 200m.

Ive yet to try RS20 but it appears only 10-12g of powder should give me around 1100-1200fps which is a nice mild/medium load.

Has anyone used RS20 in .44mag or similar?

thanks.

No answer, just following (I have a spare slot for a .44 on my ticket and Xmas is coming....!!) but be interested to know where you shoot reactive targets if it's in the South Wales Area.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Plecotus said:

No answer, just following (I have a spare slot for a .44 on my ticket and Xmas is coming....!!) but be interested to know where you shoot reactive targets if it's in the South Wales Area.

Cheers

G range up at Sennybridge. They have reactive targets from 50m out to 400-450m. 

Its a great range throwing lead down range with smaller calibres and unscoped guns. 

16 minutes ago, Plecotus said:

Ah cheers.  I've never been to that one although one of my clubs does shoot ther from time to time.   I fancy taking my No 4. Mk 1 up there in the new year.

Yeah go for it - it's a great range layout with a nice variety of targets, just perfect for for your No.4.

• 1 month later...

Yeah do it, good fun that range. I am a member of ODRC but haven't shot for a while (waiting for my rifle to be built, then dealing with a ruptured disc in my lower back).

FYI, I decided against trying RS20 in favour of Viht N340. In thinking it through some more, I felt N340 would privide better bulk density, has a wider operating pressure range (so a bit safer) and would give me the flexibility of loading mild plinky-plonk loads upto good serious .44mag loads. RS20 would only be good for mild loads.

Archived