Leica Ultravid 8 X 42 BR binoculars plus extras

I want to sell my superb Leica Ultravid 8 x 42 BR binoculars so that I can put the money towards a pair of laser rangefinding bins for deer stalking.

For sale are the following items as a package:

1. Leica 8 x 42 BR binoculars in black (Leica URN: 40 261):

DSC_0070.jpg

Mechanically and cosmetically superb. The edges of the carrying strap show slight "bobbling" due to wear.

Name_address_label_edited.jpg

I have owned these from new, and I look after my kit. Any marks seen are dust. I have kept these spotless using appropriate cleaning kit. They haven't been bashed about then wiped with an oily rag...

DSC_0075.jpg

Together with box and all papers. Box labelled to show that it's not a "grey import", but was bought from a registered Leica dealer.

DSC_0066.jpg

NOTE, HOWEVER: The Internet illustrations and review state that this was sold with a Leica branded nylon padded case. I have moved house twice since buying this, and if I ever received it, I don't remember where it is. To make up for that I include an excellent LowePro D-Res 30 AW padded pouch with built-in pullout rain cover in excellent condition:

Lowepro_1943010_D_Res_30_AW_Pouch_127792

(File image).

Lowe_Pro_case_resized.jpg

This is a £30 (?) item.

2. A Leica tripod adapter, Model 42 220. Leica bins don't have tripod screw bushings fitted, so the mount straps onto the bins, and is then screwed to the top of your tripod for extra stability:

Address_label_tripod_mount_edited.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

Leica_42220_Universal_Binocular_Tripod_A

(File image).

Review of the Leicas in Birdwatching magazine:

Review_in_Birdwatching_magazine.jpg

The cheapest I have seen second hand 8 x 42 BRs for on UK eBay is  £999 without case, strap or lens covers. (He says it's been reconditioned by Leica by having the rubber armour replaced. I wonder why he had to have that done...)

The cheapest I have found the tripod adapter is £69.

The LowePro case was, IIRC, about £30.

I would like £750 for the bins, case and tripod mount. This would include postage to you at the cheapest rate available to me.

No splits. No trades. No offers UFN.

If you want RMSD or the like, I would charge extra according to what the Post Office demanded.

Usual Maximus rules apply: If the item you receive is not as described above, simply return to me at your expense in the condition in which you received it for a full, no-quibble refund.

Also exposed for sale elsewhere.

maximus otter

Archived